X

clutch slippage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch slippage

hello everyone,this morning on my way to work after only 5 miles of driving i was at 50 MPH and twisted the throttle to pass a car and when the tach hit around 7grand i felt and noticed the tach jump about 500 to 1000 RPM(a slippage)it was cold out side around 50.my bike is a 2005 750 kat.i have never had this happend before.it felp like someone pulled the clutch in for a sacond.the bike only has 13000 mile on it. i use castrol motorcycle oil.does the cold weather and a cold bike cause the clutch to slip? i ride it everday and i have never had thin happend before.

thanks rick

Could have been a wheelspin maybe? Caused by crap / ice (you said it was cold) ?
    Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

i have had this problem with my 2000 kat also for about 2 years now started sliping somewere between 15 and 20k i think i dont realy remember , well i still havent replaced it and its at 66k slips here and there but not enough where i needed to just outright replace it even though i should have .
      sigpic

Comment

i live in south texas----no ice lololol
        i could not get it to happen again

Comment

If you get it to happen again you might want to do a full cable adjustment. Not really difficult, just look up HS2020's post on how to do it, and follow it through.
          "If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger. "
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by rwcreigh View Post
            i live in south texas----no ice lololol
            Lol I just noticed you said " cold outside around 50 " DOH
            Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

Working...
            X