X

Hello everyone, an introduction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, an introduction

Hi there, I am a middle aged biker and have recently taken on a 1981 Katana 1100 to renovate. I already own and love my Slabby GSXR 1100 that handles and goes very very well. I hope I can get the Kat to the same standard as I just love the style of the bike. Strange really as when they were brand new I hated them! How our tastes change eh, well nowadays I love the style and cannot wait to get the thing minted and tuned to the nads. I joined the forum to gain any extra knowledge required and also give any information out that I have gained in my 40 years of motorcycling.

Welcome to the forum, any pics of the new ride?

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Pictures will be taken today

Originally posted by Seft View Post
        I have only just acquired the Kat and have been so busy sorting the loose 9 plate clutch I've not had time to photo her yet. I shall do so today as I completed the clutch problem this morning and have just taxed her. The plan is to ride her this summer and strip her to restore her next year, as I have to do a shake down of problems before I start a full restore, plus I have my Slabby 1100 to ride and that's complete and reliable. So keep a look out for the pics just having my bacon butty then off out on her.

I stand corrected, I am not going out on her as the clutch is not working! Ah, well, start again. I shall put the 9 plater back in as the 11 plater says "no play today!"
        Last edited by Parakatana; 08-10-2017, 03:11 AM. Reason: not going out on her, clutch not right!

Comment

Noobie !!

Just bought a gsx 600f 2002 after 15 years off the bikes . (Kids)

Fallen in love again with it ........

Just after info on these kats .

Take care Wayne

Comment

Photos hopefully attached by mobile

[QUOTE=Seft;2380081]Welcome to the forum, any pics of the new ride?[/QUI am trying to attach photos but cannot find the button on screen to add a photograph

Comment

You have to host them on another site and link them here, like this ( https://goo.gl/photos/PsfFodhPnweHdWsb7 )

Love the look of the old slabside 1100's, would still liike to have one myself.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Link photos

Originally posted by Seft View Post

Don't know if this will work but follow the link?

Originally posted by Parakatana View Post
                I have only just acquired the Kat and have been so busy sorting the loose 9 plate clutch I've not had time to photo her yet. I shall do so today as I completed the clutch problem this morning and have just taxed her. The plan is to ride her this summer and strip her to restore her next year, as I have to do a shake down of problems before I start a full restore, plus I have my Slabby 1100 to ride and that's complete and reliable. So keep a look out for the pics just having my bacon butty then off out on her.

I stand corrected, I am not going out on her as the clutch is not working! Ah, well, start again. I shall put the 9 plater back in as the 11 plater says "no play today!"
                Stripped the clutch down and in my haste I hadn't located the tangs on the oil pump drive into the rear of the clutch accurately and so the clutch locked up when I torqued the clutch center and it was alread pressing on the outer basket! Hense bypassing the clutch plates! ah well, lesson learned, DO NOT RUSH! Great stuff though as the 11 plate clutch is lots easier and smoother to ride with. Unfortunately it is now showing up the next problem! The Kat runs out of steam above 60mph so its either the Advance retard mech not working or the carbs are way out? Onwards and upwards ! It also vibrates at the higher revs without any power added to forward thrust! I am sure I will get to the bottom of the matter
                Last edited by Parakatana; 08-10-2017, 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                X