No announcement yet.
X

Mr. On Time's build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the next few days off, im actually a hot rod guy so i respect this kinda honryness lol. Im gonna hit it with a bigger hammer tommarow and she should fire right up
    We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

Finally got it fired up, bad ignition switch and too much drag on the starter due to just using permatex instead of a gasket. Omg it sounds like a different bike.... it kinda is a different bike. Gonna order a gasket so i can go for a ride allready...... tempted to get a 12 pack and make one with a ball peen but i can wait.

Comment

I make those from sheets sold at auto parts stores.....no waiting and much cheaper.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Im thinkin of getting a sheet from oreillys today and making one. Ive used beer box cardboard in the past with good results as well.

Comment

I went with budwieser brand gasket material. I also made a hidden ignition switch to replace the key ignition. Now its just a flip switch in a discreet spot. Gonna try to finish the foot pegs today and maybe take her to work tomarrow. Man that exhaust sounds freakin amazing.... first yoshi pipe ever but im sure it wont be the last. Mostly cause i have one on the way for the kawatana.

Comment

Budweiser brand? I think I get it. I had a Fiat Spyder that used to throw the muffler. I would reattach it with two radiator hose clamps and a snipped to fit Rosarita's Refried Bean can.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Lol, you just use the cardboard and lightly tap a gasket out with a ball peen. For some reason 12 pack boxes are a perfect thickness and a good material for a gasket, thin coat of ultra black and your drunk.....

I had a 73 opel gt that the exhaust donuts would always fail on lol, i used a bean can to make semi solid hangers for it... funny how far a can of beans can go

the difference is because i used the old oem cover to tap the gasket out.
                Last edited by Mrontime; 08-23-2017, 11:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Certainly do have exhausting properties.

Comment

I went for a ride! The shinko tires felt grippy and awesome after i scrubbed them in some, actually they felt pretty good from the get go. The suspention is working great, i may need to stiffen the rear a little bit but i didnt really feel it go past mid stroke while i was leaning to scrub the tires. It felt like a different and responsive bike... i love it. Ive never leaned over like i did earlier... i wasnt riding hard or anything just trying to work the tire some. But with an easy roll on the throttle and a nice lean i could feel it... the attraction, im hooked.
                    Last edited by Mrontime; 08-23-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Ah, now that's good good!

Comment

• im gonna start posting here again as i have no need for assistance anymore... painted it the original shade of orange today and re did the wiring harness, hooked up the led turn signals...

Im gonna share this too cause i thought it was funny. Once i got everything finished hooking up and was connecting the battery, my buddy showed up and was goading me on to fire it up and i hit the switch and...... nothing... no light, no power... then a few seconds later it flickered on while i wss jiggling. I went in and came back out and same thing, no power. It was the very last plastic connector to the reset button... it somehow went bad as if to illustrate a point.... crazy. Next on the list, i wanna bring one more make into the build, ducati farings and headlight.
                        Last edited by Mrontime; 09-01-2017, 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Did you make a typo and mean to say that your going to STOP posting here ? I hope you don't stop ! I'm curious how those forks are going to work out for you. I'm under the impression they are going to bottom out, big time. That thing is low ! But I like it !
                          Keep us posted, please.
                          My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

• No im gonna keep posting. I was just stumped for a min and posted in the what i did to my kat space hoping someone may know what my issue was. The forks are way fine, i have them set two turns from bottom on the preload giving me 31mm sag in the front and 32mm in the rear. I ride alot of bacl roads so i have the damper and rebound set 4 out from the right on both. When i rode it the other day i had 2" left of stroke on my tubes from my zip tie, i could totally run the stock headlight and fairing if the frame i have wasnt so bent... i actually test rode it with the fairing on, i live down 1/2 mile of bad dirt road before i hit pavement as well... the real test is making it to the road lol
                            Last edited by Mrontime; 09-01-2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• tryin out colors, also i finished re wrapping the wiring harness, im gonna find some front led turn signals and i have to get a liscence plate light. Gotta figure out a temporary headlight also... oh and i used some black rtv and cut a 2" radiator hose in an 1 1/2" ring, cut that to fit amd zip tied it to the tank holder. It makes a nice spacer/buffer.
                              Last edited by Mrontime; 09-02-2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• forks before riding but after i have sat on it, the ziptie shows the preload.

post ride
                                Last edited by Mrontime; 09-02-2017, 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X