• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO PICK YOUR MOTORCYCLE UP CORRECTLY

Very helpful, thanks!

Comment

Sticky me!

Comment

ah, i get it now. my brain doesnt work in pictures, lol. i need visual aid when it comes to things like this. thanks vic.

Comment

Thats pretty good stuff. Although you know us guys, when we did drop our bikes, we turned into He-Man for a few minutes and just bent down and picked it right up. Then after the adrenaline wore off we started griping about how heavy the damn thing is and why our back hurts

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
            Thats pretty good stuff. Although you know us guys, when we did drop our bikes, we turned into He-Man for a few minutes and just bent down and picked it right up. Then after the adrenaline wore off we started griping about how heavy the damn thing is and why our back hurts
            +1

Exactly what happened to me. After the ignominy of dropping the bike, the embarassment of not being able to pick it up would be horrible. I turned into He-man right there and then.
            Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
            - Albert Einstein

Comment

lol, one of my buddies told me the he-man thing. he said first time you drop your bike, if anyones looking, or it's in a parking lot or anything where theirs people around, i guarantee you'll be able to pick it up faster than you know what to do with yourself and try to play it off, but your gonna be sore when the adrenaline wears off...

Comment

I once picked up a cop bike like that (the other instructors got me to do it at one of the Experienced Riders Courses cuz some of the ladies in the course didn't think it could be done by a smaller person - the other instructors were all men).

the trick is (and I don't know if they mentioned it...I scanned the article) not to try and lift the bike up but to just walk backwards with your butt on the seat like they said...that will automatically lift the bike up.
                - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Bit of warning on the He-man thing. When I sold my FZR I wanted to take it out for one last ride. I went to stop at a country road intersection and put my foot down, but there was a dip in the asphalt and my foot couldn't touch. Down went the bike, I was irate! I bent down, He-maned it up from the right side and because of the dip in the road I was lower than the bike so I used my knee to help with the last few inches of lift and put my knee through the right side fairing! I never been so pissed in my life. But lesson learned, Never take your bike out for one last ride LOL! That lesson cost me about 500 bucks when I sold it the next day.
                  "Stupid is as stupid does" - Forset Gumps Mama

Comment

Another good link, thanks for the share. I was always wondering what the best way to pick it up would be.

-Justin
                    '89 Conquest TSi :: '01 GSX 600F Katana :: '02 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Comment

why arnt they using junk bikes that were totaled and wrecked to lay over on the side instead of using new BMW's??

Comment

This is great stuff, and these women look very strong, so if I drop my bike and don't pick it up right, can I call on them? Seriously, this is the easiest way to do it with a Kat, which we all know is no light bike, unless you're Schwartzenegger or are taking steroids. Just watch the potential flip-over from one side to the other.

Comment

I put the kick stand half down this morning (accidentally of course), while getting off the bike it fell toward the leaning side (right) and knock me over. My leg was under the Kat had to leave my shoe under it to get my leg out. Greatfully I'd read the article on how to lift it properly and had it back up in less than 10 seconds. Thank God for that postings... Thank God this site.
                          "Knowledge comes from finding the answers, yes, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom. Men who didn’t understand the difference have been the ruin of some of the world’s greatest civilizations." - Lionel Luthor

Comment

Comment

I dropped mine in my driveway once at my moms house and had to have her come help me pick it up... I picked it up before, but just didn't have the energy... needless to say she was amused...
                              Flush twice... It's a long way to the kitchen.

Comment

Working...
                              X