X

hello everyone! new proud owner of a 2002 kat streetfighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello everyone! new proud owner of a 2002 kat streetfighter

Hello everyone my name is Carlos. just purchased a 2002 kat 750f w a 2000 motor in it from a guy in southern VA.
    was a project bike, and im lookin to make it a daily driver. probably a naked streetfighter. LOVE that jet tail light (mine has an led bulb in it)

sorry to see an incomplete project bike. glad i could help a fellow out (he drove his blazer in 2nd gear to go meet me at his mechanics house) and VERY happy to have a new 750
    I had a Maxxim 750M back in Playa del Carmen id turned into a cafe/dirt tracker that i sorely miss.

now i live in Blacksburg VA w the fam, and cant wait to get this baby back on the road to tear up some New River Valley twisties.

Things it needs:

1. New gas tank lid (if anyone knows a better place than ebay to get one, please speak up, and, are teh $20 chinese ones serviceable?) dont like keyed ones..

2. Chain tensioner (should be arriving next week. gasket soon thereafter

3. Driver side peg and bracket. any good aftermarket options? or should i just get the only one on ebay from a scrap yard for $50 (seems steep)

4. Headlight. I have 4. dont know hot to attatch any of them. haha.
    have a kymco one that looks like a wasp head. goes well with the streetfighter look (this one has simple wires), have a harley 5 1/4 one i wanted to put in a cowl for a cafe look (dual three prong socket), have the original (three prong socket), and have an awesome triumph twin headlight id LOVE to install but have no way to mount.. also dual three prong
    my wiring harness looks complete.. but i cant figure out where the headlights went/go?

4. tach. i have an original tach, but im thinking of either cutting it or installing aftermarket. too big for a naked bike.

so.. ill also post some of the electrical Q's in the appropriate sub forum. but figured if give a full desc. here in my intro.
    thanks for being awesome guys!
    any suggestions greatly appreciated!

-c

Sounds like you know what you're doing, dude. Welcome!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Hi Carlos,Welcome.
      Tiema

Comment

Welcome.
        Not sure about aftermarket pegs.
        There's a manual available for download on mech 101 section, should have the info you need for the headlight
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

cool. thanks guys!
          got the cam chain tensioner in this past week and the gasket for it yesterday, so im gonna try to put everything together this wknd.
          does anybody know, do the seat bases for 1994 and 2002 kats differ alot?
          would it be very difficult to modify a 1994 kat seat for my 2002?

Comment

Originally posted by chichihuil View Post
            cool. thanks guys!
            got the cam chain tensioner in this past week and the gasket for it yesterday, so im gonna try to put everything together this wknd.
            does anybody know, do the seat bases for 1994 and 2002 kats differ alot?
            would it be very difficult to modify a 1994 kat seat for my 2002?
            What are you trying to accomplish with switching seats? Torn vinyl, shape? what?

I'll see if I can make it down to the garage and take some comparative pics in a few though.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X