X

Moto Guzzi?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moto Guzzi?

Has anyone ever owned or ridden a Guzzi? I have always wanted one. Love the Griso and Breva 1200 Sport. They are beautiful,useful,long lived and funky. Like a Katana you don't mistake it for any other bike. Again like a Kat they are meant to be ridden long and hard. I would like to hear your comments and experiances

I've often admired them. I love that big V twin mounted longitudinally and the shaft drive. They're unique. They sound awesome. But they do seem to have occasional issues that loyal owners simply refer to as character.

Comment

Anything serious or minor niggles? I've always heard they are tough and reliable. Unlike Ducati's

Comment

I had one like 30 years ago, had a bull taco also.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Best way to find out is to join a M-G forum and do some googling.

Comment

I owned a 1000cc Moto Guzzi MK 4 Lemans 1985 model. Great bike , super reliable and that sound with Conti pipes . Rock steady at high speeds after I got rid of that 16 inch front wheel and fitted an 18 incher.. I used to sit on 100 mph on the open road for hours before the pigs infested our highways .. It didn't like the tight twisties due to the long wheel base but on long sweepers it was FUN.. 25 litre fuel tank I would get 300 miles before hitting reserve. Brisbane to Sydney is over 600 miles and I only had to fuel up once.. I could easily keep up with the jap sport bikes of the time.. It had a terrible appetite for speedo cables.. Wish I still had it but along came house and kids so it was sold..

Comment

Guy I am acquainted with has had his Norge down for the past month, trying to chase down an electrical problem. Claims that it must have Lucas electrics....

Comment

I had a Moto Guzzi 750 ambassador back around '82.
                The original V twin guzzi power train was supposedly shared with a small truck made for NATO.
                My bike was heavy and clunky! Clutch was stiff, when you hit a gear, you knew it!. However, it felt like it would run forever. Engine had chrome bores, current ones have nikasil, just like new BMW.
                Current guzzis probably similar- long lasting, clunky trannies, stiff clutch. That's not a slight, just how they are.
                If there was a nearby dealer (closest is over 400 miles!), I'd consider, (that is why my next v twin bike will be a HD lowrider S!).
                Current bikes look sweet. Guzzis have a rep for long lasting, they have soul, give one a try if you can.

Comment

Owned a 98 V10 Centauro for a few years..

Wanted it even before I had my moto license. Found one for sale close enough to drive to and rode it home.
                  Typical Italian hottie, temperamental when cold, FI wasn't the smoothest back in those days. But sure has torque and turns head everywhere she goes.
                  I had to keep it clean all the time just so I don't get grief when I park it at any gathering of motorcycles.
                  Even though I loved to have kept it, but I found other bikes that are more entertaining to ride and don't require to be kept clean.
                  Sold it to some collector in TX.

Comment

Working...
                  X