X

AIR SHOCK?? anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIR SHOCK?? anyone?

okay this is my first thread ta start and i think iama posting it in the right place so seriously i want to put a lil air shock on my 06 kat 750, if it could be done i would assume that it would be a better step up to upgraded oil shock... problems i would think would be the pump to replace the air in the shock when showing it off... i love the idea i would hope it would be possible and functional at the same time... maybe maybe not its just a thought or wishful thinking so any opinions are welcome yea or nea

Happiness
    Is a
    Warm Gun.

I've seen it done -- once. It rode like crap.

Infinitely better is buying a much better oil-filled shock, like the Ohlins SU801 or SU802, which allows you to control more of the functions of the shock (rebound rates, compression rates, preload, etc.) quickly and easily.

If you want the bike just to be higher at the rear, I do have sets of Suzuki-manufactured dogbones (suspension links) that will raise the rear of the bike by about an inch or so...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Easy installation? for the links?
      how much?
      shock?
      link?

Happiness
      Is a
      Warm Gun.

Comment

Very easy installation on the links:
        support the swingarm with something (I use a shop jack);
        unbolt the old links, change the height of the swingarm to allow you to line-up the different length, bolt back together. Remove jack.

Links: Neoublie sells custom links for the 98+ manufactured on demand to any size you want; I sell a special version of Suzuki Japan OEM ones specifically made for the kat to raise it about an inch. I get $40 for mine.

Shock: (used) eBay, or halgon.co.uk, or special order via me for an Ohlin. The problem with the Ohlins for the Kats is that they are not an on-shelf product any more -- you have to custom order (built-to-order) and they are painfully expensive ($1k range). Advantage is once you own one, it's rebuildable for life with no issues (unlike the OEM one).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X