X

Fork oil level...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork oil level...

Just want to verify with some of you guys that have done this several times but, Reading through my manual a 1990 600 when full, the oil level measured with the fork compressed is 3.93 inches from the top of the fork. Can anybody verify this for me?
    Some people carry on
    Some just stay right where they are
    Our worlds divide

Compressed? Err, I'll have to find my manual, put I'm pretty sure it's measured uncompressed.

Never mind, it says compressed. I have a manual here, let me look it up...

89-on 600 is 100 MM (3.93 inches)
    Last edited by GytRDunKat; 04-09-2008, 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

and honestly, who measure anything in inches, friggin inches

Comment

Yeah, this manual (not the one that I have a home) shows this picture...

I'm think my other manual says to measure from the very top of the fork, not the way this one shows (although, that top part may be part of the tool they made). Now I'm even more confused. After I wrote "uncompressed" I remembered that it was compressed. I forgot how scary it was when the front dropped down from the jack. The stance looked cool though

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          and honestly, who measure anything in inches, friggin inches
          Right... I have to measure mine in YARDS!

Comment

Originally posted by wcj View Post
            Dilusion is not good for motocycle riding!

Comment

Originally posted by wcj View Post
              still standard, that isn't cool either.

Comment

Lighten up Captain Metric..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                  Lighten up Captain Metric..

That should be his new tag line

Comment

Comment

I'm a machinist, everything I do is in inches!! I agree though, the metric system is way less complicated and should be the world standard. Thanks for the replies.
                      Some people carry on
                      Our worlds divide

Comment

Originally posted by Rothman View Post
                        I'm a machinist, everything I do is in inches!! I agree though, the metric system is way less complicated and should be the world standard. Thanks for the replies.
                        I know your world . I design using a combination of inches (for stock sizes), and millimeters (for design requirements), then convert to inches to machine it. Then I measure it (using a cmm) in mm

25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4, 25.4,25.4,25.4,
                        25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4,25.4, 25.4,25.4,25.4

I've got muscle memory down pat for typing 25.4. I practically throw my hands at a keyboard or calculator and that comes up .

Comment

Got the new fork seals in today.... they are totally different from the springless versions I used last time. The quality is WAY better. I will never reccommend those springless pieces of crap to anyone. Anyway, seeing as how these are totally different, I don't know which way to put them in. Can any of you guys tell me which side faces toward the ground/bottom of the fork?
                          Attached Files
                          Some people carry on
                          Our worlds divide

Comment

In the left photo (side view) the right seal is in the right position.

There are two wipers that point down (as if they were cutting into the fork)
                            One facing up. Did that make sense?

Comment

If I'm tracking right.... The two smaller wipers are on the bottom when installed and the large one is on top?
                              Some people carry on
                              Our worlds divide

Comment

Working...
                              X