Solving fast blinking/no blinking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solving fast blinking/no blinking

Sort of a addition to the LED How-to:

Replacing stock flasher with load independant unit.

$2.49 at Auto Zone.

Locate the stock flasher unit.
    in front of the battery box

It is held in place with a rubber mount, just pull it out.

Unplug

As you can see this uses a tiny spade type plug.
    These are available.. Or you can cut and splice in a connector.
    I sourced two connectors from an old clutch switch.

Soldered them onto wires and added shrink wrap.

Standard connectors for the flasher unit, I like to
    add a little solder..

I can just plug the wires in.
    I added a wrap or two of tape, as well as dilectric grease.

I weather proofed the flasher with some shrink wrap just to be professional. Find a good spot to tie it in place and there you go.

Works perfectly..
    Took about 30 minutes..

Nice writeup man...great pics too!

It's wierd, maybe I have a differnt flasher plug than you do, but when I put in my gixxer LED brake/tail/turn light I got an electronic flasher at discount auto that plugged right into my flasher plug
    --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
    --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

I never looked at the electronic one..
      I'm too cheap,

Comment

What model year bike is that? I think the 98+ is different. Unless I am looking at the wrong part.

Comment

I think this might answer your question.

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=66363
          Last edited by Black_peter; 10-05-2009, 04:02 PM. Reason: corrected link

Comment

Originally posted by walterUTFSAE View Post
            What model year bike is that? I think the 98+ is different. Unless I am looking at the wrong part.
            yep 98+ is diferent , you just need to get the right wires
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Can you do that on a 97 gsx600f? My blinkers light up but dnt flash. The shop here is hitting me for $54.00 just for the relay.

Comment

Yes, can be done, search.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briansgsx600f View Post
                  Can you do that on a 97 gsx600f? My blinkers light up but dnt flash. The shop here is hitting me for $54.00 just for the relay.
                  From the sounds of your other posts, it may not be a relay at all, it may be bypassed completely. I'd do a continuity test from the relay to the switch, and the relay to the lights to be sure it's even part of the circuit before I bought a relay and wired it in.

Comment

will do. Thanks again!!

Sorry bout all the dumb souning things I ask about. I havent owned a bike for many years and then I never had to work on them except little things. I guess what I am not understanding is if I turn the blinker switch to the left or right the blinkers do turn on but will not flash. So that means I have current to them. But if the relay is broke, They would not flash correct? I'm sorry I dnt have a tester to do what you said.
                    I am great at working on cars n rebuilding motors but not this stuff I guess.
                    Last edited by Briansgsx600f; 01-27-2012, 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Briansgsx600f View Post
                      will do. Thanks again!!

Sorry bout all the dumb souning things I ask about. I havent owned a bike for many years and then I never had to work on them except little things. I guess what I am not understanding is if I turn the blinker switch to the left or right the blinkers do turn on but will not flash. So that means I have current to them. But if the relay is broke, They would not flash correct? I'm sorry I dnt have a tester to do what you said.
                      I am great at working on cars n rebuilding motors but not this stuff I guess.

It will definately work, and if nothing else... your set up in the future to never have to pay the rediculous amount of $60 for a dang flasher relay. Just $3 local auto shops.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Awesome!! My turn signals work now. $3.36 Beats $54.00 any day. Thanks guys!!

Comment

ok.. i know this is an old thread but I need assisstance.. I hit up Bill while at auto zone but they had like 10 different flashers.. I already have the rear integrated & have just recently smoked the front signals & want to get the proper set up.. now afetr i spoke to Bill i noticed that the front & back are blinking fast.. so I need to get this correct.. I have an '05 600 btw.. any and all help is appreciated on links to the proper thread or just out right info..

Comment

Thanks for the pictures and instructions. I am going to do this on my bike as to I am having the same issues!!

Comment

saved the picture to my phone n brought it to auto part store today. Finally I got my Led signals flash at normal rate.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X