97 gsx600f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 gsx600f

The diameter of the hole for the baffle is 2 inches
    This first hole is is halfway down the can at 7 3/4. Total can is 15 inches. The diameter of the hole is 1 1/2 inches.
    So what, It goes to that part and rests on that piece?
    Attached Files

A baffle tube. Should be a perferated tube. If your crafty, you could make a new one. parts needed 16ga sheet metal, for making end cap. perferated metal, a welder or rivets, make sure they are stainless. and some steel wool and fiberglass batting, High temp type( white med density).
    Try Ebay for a cheap slip on.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Is that what it does though is rest against that middle piece?Is that also y I could be running lean?

Comment

There should be a tube that the baffle material wraps around, could cause a lean condition. I doubt it though, there is a restictor hole in the pipe. If you notice the hole in the muffler is smaller than the actual exhaust pipe. Have you temped the header, and adjusted the A/F screws to 2.5 turns out?
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

That baffle tube provides a surprising amount of backpressure. It's significant enough that there was a noticeable difference in how my bike ran before and after a muffler re-pack. My theory is that the baffles slow the exhaust gasses enough that the gasses themselves are providing the restriction.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Ok. I'll try to get the stuff again to re pack it. The place I ordered from here says it should be one piece but the baffle was to big to go through the center hole. So then they changed their mind and said it's 2 pieces. Just trying to figure it out now. Thanks.
            No I have not messed with the A/F screws. Will try that also. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X