X

Pre-kat wiring diagram color coded

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-kat wiring diagram color coded

So I had a lot of trouble finding a good wiring diagram that didn't make me want to throw myself into oncoming traffic, all the ones I found the lines just blurred together, and the only one I found that had colors on it, was horribly undersized to read clearly. So here is a pre kat 750 wiring diagram I reworked for those of us that have trouble reading and making sense of the diagrams. Hope it helps
    Attached Files

Also:
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by flcmbt View Post
      So I had a lot of trouble finding a good wiring diagram that didn't make me want to throw myself into oncoming traffic,
      well after ****in' myself from laughin' so hard when I read this I had to REGISTER myself on this forum just to tell you how hilarious this post was, and although I have a 1989 600 the diagram looks great, thanks for taking the time to make it and share it with us

Comment

Originally posted by Gregski View Post
        thanks for taking the time to make it and share it with us
        Yea that diagram as well as many others have been posted here for years.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Steve, the one yo posted is for a post Kat. It's not a lot different, just enough to cause some frustrating incidents every once in a while.
          Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I could have sworn that there was a pre diagram in there too
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
              I could have sworn that there was a pre diagram in there too
              I've been looking, and can't find one. This page is bookmarked now for future reference!

Comment

its in the manual you can download in the wiki.
                end of the Electrical section

Comment

Several posted in the wiring section as well. I've posted ones for the pre in there least 3 times in the past year.
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I put my fairings back on the bike after some work (they were off for a week). Everything works great except the right front turn signal. There were four connections hanging down from somewhere by the handlebars, but only two connections (black and red from the turn signal). I forget which wires connect with which connectors (and am also surprised that there are two extra connectors...)

Anyways, I looked at the wiring diagram in this post, and I believe that the pink connector wire should go with the Black (with white stripe) wire from the turn signal. The green connector wire should go with the Red wire coming from the turn signal. I have tried this, and I believe every other possible combination, and the right front turn signal STILL does not work.

Additional info:
                    -I checked the fuse box by the battery and the 4 fuses were fine.
                    -I tried comparing it to the left front turn signal, but there are only two wire connectors, not 4.
                    -The right turn signal indicator (on the dash) works fine, as does the rear right turn signal.

Any ideas?
                    What is the correct wiring connections -what goes with RED and what goes with BLACK on the turn signal (if not what I mentioned), or what else could be an issue.

Thanks!

Comment

The only thing you haven't checked is the bulb and the socket that it's in......

Comment

wiring picture

and here is a photo.

In the bottom, you can see the wires which come from the turn signal. A Black (with white stripe) wire, and a Red wire.

In the top right of the photo you can see the four other wires which lead from the handlebar. They seem to be paired in two. At the top, a yellowish wire with a Black (with white stripe) wire. Just below that, a greenish wire with a Black (with white stripe) wire.

Following the wiring diagram, I used the yellowish wire as the pink wire (figuring the pink faded), and connected it to the Black/white stripe wire coming from the turn signal. I then used the greenish wire to connect to the Red wire coming from the turn signal.

It did not work...
                        Attached Files

Comment

I don't see a red wire in the wiring diagram for your bike. I do know that black/white should go to black/white. The diagram for your bike says black to green.

I would go green to red after that as it may be an aftermarket replacement housing. If it doesn't work, check the bulb.

To reiterate:

Green and black/white pair goes:

Green to red
                          Black/white to Black/white

Originally posted by latenight View Post
                          and here is a photo.

In the bottom, you can see the wires which come from the turn signal. A Black (with white stripe) wire, and a Red wire.

In the top right of the photo you can see the four other wires which lead from the handlebar. They seem to be paired in two. At the top, a yellowish wire with a Black (with white stripe) wire. Just below that, a greenish wire with a Black (with white stripe) wire.

Following the wiring diagram, I used the yellowish wire as the pink wire (figuring the pink faded), and connected it to the Black/white stripe wire coming from the turn signal. I then used the greenish wire to connect to the Red wire coming from the turn signal.

It did not work...
                          Oh, and that pink wire? If you look carefully at the key for that schematic, it's actually labeled as black/white. Just because the diagram says it's pink, doesn't mean it is. Always, always, check the key.
                          Last edited by 05RedKat600; 08-30-2011, 06:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. Both the wiring, and the need to look at the key!

I hooked it up as you suggested and it worked immediately!

Out of curiosity... any idea what the other two dangling wire connectors are?

Comment

Originally posted by latenight View Post
                              Thanks for the suggestion. Both the wiring, and the need to look at the key!

I hooked it up as you suggested and it worked immediately!

Out of curiosity... any idea what the other two dangling wire connectors are?
                              The only yellow black/white pair I find on the schematic is for the high beam indicator. As to why they are down by your turn signal, I've got no idea on that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X