X

speedo is off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo is off

I noticed that me speedometer reads about 8mph too fast. Wondering if that is common for pre kats. Anything I can do to make it accurate??

are you running stock gearing(sprockets) and are the tires stock size both of those are culprits...... mines off due to sprocket size so..... i would check that
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

the pre-kat spedometer has no relation to the sprocket set, since the spedometer is driven by a mechanical gear at the front wheel.
      a larger size front tire will make a difference (i.e. the common 120/70 instead of the stock 110/70)

It is typical for these speedos to be.... optimistic at the best of times.
      Running that slightly larger front tire, mine's easily off 10%

not much you can do about it without a helluva lot of effort
      Last edited by MrBrant; 08-31-2010, 04:33 PM.

Comment

ohh duh nvm i had a tard moment
        time to nut up or shut up
        Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
        The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
        X