Advise on Clutch Please!!!-steel plates-friction plates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise on Clutch Please!!!-steel plates-friction plates

Hi,I am so glad I found this web-page.
    I am very new about bikes. I have 2006 Katana GSX600F @6300 miles.
    It is hard to believe clutch is already gone.(It was not my fault i just bought it)
    @ 5000+ clutch slipping, oil level is on low mark and the oil is very bad.
    Now, I pulled the clutch assembly out, I don`t know what is the min.thickness on friction plates but friction plates looks like gone, I am going to replace 7+1 friction plates. WHAT happens if i don`t replace the steel plates, they don`t look so bad except one has slightly groove on it. Also the spring ate-up the side wall slightly on the pressure plate somehow, I can see the marks in the holes match with the spring. It does not look like it will hurt anything, they are small grooves.
    Please advise me, what shall i do?

Thanks

Originally posted by ag6279 View Post
    Hi,I am so glad I found this web-page.
    I am very new about bikes. I have 2006 Katana GSX600F @6300 miles.
    It is hard to believe clutch is already gone.(It was not my fault i just bought it)
    @ 5000+ clutch slipping, oil level is on low mark and the oil is very bad.
    Now, I pulled the clutch assembly out, I don`t know what is the min.thickness on friction plates but friction plates looks like gone, I am going to replace 7+1 friction plates. WHAT happens if i don`t replace the steel plates, they don`t look so bad except one has slightly groove on it. Also the spring ate-up the side wall slightly on the pressure plate somehow, I can see the marks in the holes match with the spring. It does not look like it will hurt anything, they are small grooves.
    Please advise me, what shall i do?

Thanks
    My only ? would be...

Want to do it again?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

measure the pressure plate too if its been slippin alot that can wear down , along with your plates.

Comment

Working...
      X