We need some more Pre-98's on here...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AkBigN
    Originally posted by SweetLou
    Hey Jim, that post 98 fairing on the pre 98 is sweet! How long did that take you???
    I would like to know also!!!
    About a year and a half

O.K. the fairings didn't actually take that long to make but it has taken that long to put in close to 20 hours welding time to make them.
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

My 96[/img]
      Attached Files
      96 Suzuki Katana 750
      stock for now
      custom paint

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
        Originally posted by AkBigN
        Originally posted by SweetLou
        Hey Jim, that post 98 fairing on the pre 98 is sweet! How long did that take you???
        I would like to know also!!!
        About a year and a half

O.K. the fairings didn't actually take that long to make but it has taken that long to put in close to 20 hours welding time to make them.
        Boy of boy, does that sounds familiar

Comment

Jim am I going to have to come over to take pics of your Kat now that is painted? And post them? lol
          Josh

'97 TL1000S, '91 GSF400 Bandit

Comment

Originally posted by Venom
            Jim am I going to have to come over to take pics of your Kat now that is painted? And post them? lol
            Well since my youngest broke my camera and I haven't had the time or inclination to do the research on a new one....YES!!!

Give me about another week so I have time to wetsand and buff it. It's blue but the paint looks really rough right now.

Comment

jim, what kind of plastic did you use for your welding? did you use rods or did you just use a nother fairing to melt in while welding? and did youhave any trouble with cracking???? we did it in school on bumpers for plastic repair and we had a lot of issuses with the rods we were useing causing cracks and when you would sand the filler material it would melt and smear. (r4-r3 clear and black fillerrods)

Comment

Originally posted by Breeze
                Ok, here's another pre to add to the mix.

Question for Bear and seqx34... Your seat covers...where did you get them. Or? did you custom fit one of Jim's??
                They are the factory made solo cowls. You can find them on ebay, I think. Jim may have some left. 8)
                1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

well here is mine again, thought id do one finnshed picture.

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                    jim, what kind of plastic did you use for your welding? did you use rods or did you just use a nother fairing to melt in while welding? and did youhave any trouble with cracking???? we did it in school on bumpers for plastic repair and we had a lot of issuses with the rods we were useing causing cracks and when you would sand the filler material it would melt and smear. (r4-r3 clear and black fillerrods)
                    I've got 30x30 sheets of raw plastic and tons of cutoff scrap to work with so I haven't bought rod in years.
                    I'll confess that I have 2 small places that i didn't weld real well so they hairlined when I put the fairings back on. That was me being in a hurry and tired of screwing with it though.
                    The only time I ever have problems with a weld cracking is when I am impatient, or the fairing has absorbed a lot of fuel/oil (lowers). If your temp is set right, plastic is good (no fuel/paint/filler and new plastic is compatible), you mix in an "x" pattern when you weld, weld both sides of the piece, and don't bend or flex it in any way until it cools, you shouldn't get any cracking.
                    The beauty of plastic though is that if you don't get it right on the first pass it only takes a second to do it again.

Comment

Here's my '94.....

Jeff

Comment

Here are a few of mine and one of mine and Bearkat's

TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

just posted here:

a

gather 'round, children

Comment

Newbie here, check my profile for pics of my 89 750.

Comment

here's mine.

2002 R1
                              Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

here's my input
                                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                                X