X

I couldn't open my eyes, so I left the bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't open my eyes, so I left the bike

I went to get an eye exam this morning. Regular eye exam for a new glasses. They put some drops on my eyes, after that I could not open my eyes on the sun. Furthermore, I asked about contacts so they put a contant lense on my eyes and said to try them on. Now I can't see in the sun or in strong light, and I can't see up close.

I rode about 100 feet and my eyes were all tears, I trun around and I had to call my GF to pick me up. I left the bike in the clinic parking lot about 30 miles away. I hope the bike will be there tomorrow when I go pick it up.

What pisses me off is that they never told me that I won't be able to ride or drive. They knew that I ride a motorcyel, and they never warned me. They even let me walk out without anyone stopping me or advising me not to ride...... I feel like someone

Wow,,
    Thats wrong.
    I thought when they did that test they
    were supposed to tell you to get a ride.
    Or give you special sunglasses..

Ride the bike into the waiting room and leave it there.

Comment

damn, sorry about your luck bro. That is pretty damn incompitent on their part not to warn you.
      You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Spread the word!! www.bikerfriend.org

Comment

It seems they were a little negligent regarding the impairment their procedure would cause. Most medical exams call for some pre and post examination instructions/warnings (e.g. don't eat for 4 hours).
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I'm surprised you even attempted to even ride the bike, you could have dropped the bike just by not being able to see 100%.

Comment

Those drops they give u before an eye exam are usually to dilate your iris to give them a clear look into your eye. Hence, when you step out into sunlight, your dilated iris is letting in MUCH more light than is needed to be able to see properly. VERY dangerous situation to drive or ride in. I'm very surprised no one told you about it. Usually they insist that you do not drive for about half a day (until the effect of the drops wears off). Call them and raise hell. Hey if there's some new stuff you wanted to add to the bike, now would be a good time to get them to pay for it
            Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
            - Albert Einstein

Comment

next time bring some dark sunglasses
              had the same thing happen to me i stopped and had my wife drop of a pair. no way i'm leaving my baby anywhere alone

Comment

I'd get a sleeping bag and go back dude she's all alone!! Bring some beer to!

Comment

i would not give them any more of your money.

Comment

when i had that done, they gave me an incredibly dorky set of wrap around sunglasses. they said i'd be ok to drive, just to take it a little slower. i hate those drops though. can't even read my own watch on my wrist.

Long Live the D

Comment

When I go for eye exams they always put drops in my eyes so between that and all the tests they run Ive got a killer headache by the time I leave not to mention not being able to walk out the door on my own from being so blurry.

Perhaps they could have given you a pair of the big black sunshades that wrap around your face and back to your ears?

Comment

Perhaps they could have given you a pair of the big black sunshades that wrap around your face and back to your ears?
                        They gave a fake sun shade after I went back in and complaind. I could keep the sunshade under my helmet visor, so I get some scotchtape and taped in on the outside of the helmet visor. I tried to ride, but my eyes was tearing like crazy. So I didn't want to risk an accedent.

all the tests they run Ive got a killer headache by the time I leave not to mention not being able to walk out the door on my own from being so blurry.
                        I get that killer headache after I left. The headache was so bad it knocked me down for 3 hours.

i would not give them any more of your money.
                        Too bad I paid the entire balance on the spot.

I went last night and get my bike back home. I couldn't sleep knowing that my Kat is on a public parking lot 30 miles away.

Comment

you should have told them to show you how to use the drops first by doing it to themselfs,then when its time to pay use fake money.LOL i hope you can see better.

Comment

the doc can give you drops to make your eyes go back to normal in like 15 mins or so. what an ass for not doing that...
                            My Karma ate your Dogma

Comment

Working...
                            X