Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Raising Lifting The Rear End (GSX1100FJ)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising Lifting The Rear End (GSX1100FJ)

Hey all, what's the best way to raise the back end? I want to see how she handles with the back lifted around 40/50mm, should sharpen it up a little methinks. Is there a linkage swap? Or is the bandit shock the easiest way?
    I'm Only 4 Fut 3, But I Look A Lot Bigger From A Distance?

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

That thread is talking about a 600 kat is it not?

Looking at the linkage it looks like dogbones are out of the question?

Is a different shock the only way to lift the tail on an 1100??

Comment

The suspension is similar on all Kats. No dog bones then yes, replace the shock.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Send TMod a PM. He's the suspension guru. Norwest suspension is his shop. Your shock is rebuidable. He might be able to raise it some, I know he can lower it. Either way, if its worn out enough, it will sag a lot. A rebuild might be all it needs and it wont sag, and will be "higher" (aka proper height)
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
            Send TMod a PM. He's the suspension guru. Norwest suspension is his shop. Your shock is rebuidable. He might be able to raise it some, I know he can lower it. Either way, if its worn out enough, it will sag a lot. A rebuild might be all it needs and it wont sag, and will be "higher" (aka proper height)
            Not really an option as I'm in the UK Mate. As for the shock condition, its in pretty good nick, the bike has only done 43,000 km from new. I've haven't measured the sag yet, but its not a great deal, I'd guess at around 40mm. Thanx for the reply btw

Comment

Hello young Swollocks,
              I am in the same boat- uk based with a saggy ass on my 1100, have you found out anything that works. Reading a bit someone suggested a hyabusa shock fits and lifts the back end. Let me know if you find anything that works- I have a 1200 bandit shock in the garage so might try that and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
              X