X

New Kat owner from MN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kat owner from MN

Hi! Just bought an '06 600 w/8500 tics on the clock for $2k. Think I got a great deal! It needs very little cleanup & a bit of bodywork and some carb needle cleaning as it leaks gas in the "PRIME" setting, it was sitting for 3 months. I plan to get a short ride in before hibernation. Looking forward to lots of good info on this site, I do all my own wrenching.

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to the site /// my 2002 600cc never gave me one problem .

Comment

very good price! Welcome to KR!
        - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Welcome to KR!
          2002 750 Kat
          2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
          1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
          2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Welcome!
            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome, fellow Minnesotan! Usually in the spring a bunch of us get together to fix bikes and tell lies. Keep an eye out for a thread, probably in the spring.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Welcome to KR.
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Tore into the Katana to fix the gas leak. PO had some "mechanic" attempt to make it run better, it had been sitting awhile. I believe the gas was leaking from the re-used bowl gaskets which get a little flat after 5 yrs. All 4 of the bowls had the drain screws facing the wrong way so I know they were taken apart. New gaskets are on order. Also one of the intake clamps was wrongly rotated to where it would only let you get half-throttle, DOH!
                  I was really surprised after pulling the carbs to see a real alternator! I thought all bikes had a hard to service stator. In fact this whole bike seems easy to work on once you get all the cowling off.
                  I thank you in advance for all the help I will undoubtedly get here to maintain & enjoy this new feline beast!

P.S. I've not encountered a forum with such "post-whoriness" as I've seen here, you guys/gals must love your Katanas!

Comment

Hello from another Minnesotan. "Andover" In spring keep me in mind for the fix bikes and lies session. I am in the same class just picked up a 2000 Kat 750 with 8100 miles for $1950. This is my second go around with owning a KAT. Winter's here; time to start switching from riding mode to reading and preventive maintenance.
                    Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

sounds like you got a good deal even though she may need a little love
                      im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
                        Welcome, fellow Minnesotan! Usually in the spring a bunch of us get together to fix bikes and tell lies. Keep an eye out for a thread, probably in the spring.
                        Sure, what happened this year Darin?
                        Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by ne-oublie View Post
                          Sure, what happened this year Darin?
                          That's fair. I kept saying "Next week"

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                          X