No announcement yet.
X

SOB!! It Finally Happened

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have wanted atleast $100 just for the emotional stress....

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyMedic
      Originally posted by md86
      $50 and you're square ? Screw that . How much can you get a mirror for ? Now a turn signal lense ? You got hosed . Good thing you were already putting on new fairings I guess . .
      I already have new mirrors and turn signals that I will be replacing with the fairings, so its not really that big a deal for me. I figured the money would buy my new windshield for the bike. They were cool and didnt try to drive off so I wasnt going to be an ass and charge him for something that was already broke (refering to my fairings). Now when my paint job is done then I am all about being an ass
      Nik
      you are a much more forgiving person than i...and generous to boot. i had EVERY part spare that an old lady broke when she knocked my bike over. mirror, flasher, fairing, clutch lever....but it doesn't mean i was going to say, "it's ok...i have the parts already". $50 would barely cover the taxes on a new mirror for my bike here. so regardless if i have the parts or not....you pay for what you break. in this case, it cost the old lady's insurance $2300 and change for knocking my bike over.....and only cost me about $400 max to fix it. I went on a $1900 shopping spree....
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip
        I suppose it is noble of you, but i would have been slightly worried about internal wreckage (i take my bikes in after any tip, $50 bucks for piece of mind and a good lookover by a professional is worth it IMO), thus woulda filed and had it checked out just in case.

To each his own.
        not to put down your choice, but you are kinda just tossing $50 away when you do that. an engine runs violently. the explosions in the cyclinders pound the engine WAYYYYY more than any knock it would get from a simple tip-over. at most, you might crack a side cover...which would be obvious if you did. and even if you didn't notice it cuz it was a hairline crack, you would see it leak oil soon enough.
        basically, aside from cosmetic damage, there isn't much damage you can have to the bike from falling over that you should worry about. the covers on the side are about the only thing....and it would have to fall over quite hard for that to be an issue. about the only real damage would be if it was left on it's side for a while before being picked up. then you might want to worry about oil accumulating in the combustion chamber.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I've dropped my bike on it's side while barely moving before (slower than walking speed) , and that was enough to puncture the cover . Doesn't really take much .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Stay Cool, young grasshopper.
            sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

Working...
            X