X

rearview cam on my kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rearview cam on my kat

i am thinking of adding a camera on the back of my bike and a monitor where my gauges are. anyone ever done that looking for pros and cons. i got a 1995 kat 600.

Why?
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

PRO:
      Bling/Wow Factor

CONS:
      No excuse not to stop for the cops
      Cost ($500 - $800 is common for ones that actually work well at night)
      Tendency to watch what's behind you instead of what's in front of you for the first month or so, which is dangerous to your health
      Increases the theft-profile for your bike (more bling = higher target rating)
      Still doesn't cover your blind spots, so still gotta turn your head for a lane change.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i sell and install security cams for a living so i can make that $500-$800 into about prolley 250 with led cam that makes night look like day anyone done this on their bike?

Comment

Originally posted by Hansen81
          i sell and install security cams for a living so i can make that $500-$800 into about prolley 250 with led cam that makes night look like day anyone done this on their bike?
          I have friends who have it on their bikes, but I've never seen it done on a Katana.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

CONS:

Still doesn't cover your blind spots, so still gotta turn your head for a lane change.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Mount it on a swivel, that is actuated via joystick on the handle bar. Want to look right? Move joystick to the right. Want to look left? move joystick to the left. Want to zoom in on the hottie in the porsche behind you at the lights? Move joystick up

Comment

reevu

/kiba
              find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

[quote="Dan Dubeau. Want to zoom in on the hottie in the porsche behind you at the lights? Move joystick up [/quote]
                hehehehee he said "joystick"!!!

hehehehe

Comment

I guess I could understand it if you were looking at doing it for advertising puroses. Other than that............. Well, they DO put mirrors on teh bike ya know
                  Ron
                  MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Sounds neat. Just make sure you flip the video feed before it gets to the screen so you don't swerve right into what you were looking to get away from.
                    What the deuce!?!

Comment

Working...
                    X