X

blown fuse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blown fuse

so today cruising down the freeway, i blew the fuse that powers the tach, oil light, nuetral light, turn signals, and the brake light! that definitely scared me now that i can't tell people i'm slowing down. you do everything you can to make yourself more visible and then suddenly it fails. luckily there was an autopart store nearby and i now have plenty of spares under my seat.

Long Live the D

Yep. Been there done that. Lucky for me I was out riding in a group. That is a something that I check now from time to time.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Happened to the wife today. good thing Iput those spares in there
      ALWAYS THE REAL!!!!

93ZX11D Candy Wine Red
      Cardon Fiber D&D Full Exhaust,
      Vortex Sprockets 1dwn frnt 2up back
      She looks like Hell but is a True Battle Cat!
      no pun intended
      07ZX10 Special Edition Stock
      09ZX14 in the making Need a lil more$$$1st
      99Kat600 Custom Paint By Kali's AirBrushing, Chrome rims, Chrome GrabBar,Chrome Kickstand, Chrome Heel Gaurds, Braada Cowl,Lowered,Mesh Mod, More mods & Chrome to come

Comment

this is a great post. a good reminder to keep spares with you. a spare tailight bulb is a good idea also.

Comment

Now comes the real question:

What in your wiring or draw caused it to blow in the first place?

Fuses are there to protect other systems. When a fuse goes, it isn't because the fuse is bad, it's because something else is bad. Time for you to go find that something (usually it's a bit of wire with the insulation worn away tapping against a ground path).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i recently put in a 1157 led tail light. but i don't think that would have cause it. i shall see.

Long Live the D

Comment

Good post and a good reminder man. That's something I need to remember as well to put back in under my seat when I de winterize later this month.

Comment

Working...
              X