X

New to Forum, Kat rider for 15mo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum, Kat rider for 15mo.

Hello all, I've been using this forum since I got my 2001 Kat last summer. Immensely useful! Thanks to all the dedicated posters. Two weeks from now I'll be riding my bike from Cincinnati to Colorado. Suggestions or comments on the trip would be great!! Looking forward to learning from all of you.

-Wally

Welcome to KR!
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to KR.
      For a long trip like that, never hurts to have a small portable compressor - it'd be a bitch to need air in a tire and be in the middle of nowhere.
      +a small bag of tools.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Definitely get some saddle bags. you're gunna want to carry stuff, and even with a bottle of water and a hoodie, that backpack is gunna get heavy on the long haul. Pack tools. Wrenches, Sockets, Allens, Pliers and screwdrivers. Spare fuses, zip ties and electrical tape wouldnt hurt if you had the room. +1 on a portable air compressor. Never thought of that.

I'm about to take a 500 mile road trip with my girlfriend next week, and I dedicated an entire day to squaring up the bike, top off fluids, check tire pressure, Lube/inspect/Adjust Chain, address any stupid lil problems with the bike that could turn into bigger problems and fix them now, that kind of thing. I'm also adding an additional charging port for my bluetooth and/or her phone.
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Welcome aboard, enjoy your trip and have a safe one

Comment

Welcome!!!...

Comment

Welcome

Comment

welcome to KR

Comment

Working...