X

Finally got me a Kat 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got me a Kat 750

I'm finally an official member of the Katana clan. Been looking at/for a 750 off and on since the mid/late '90s. 600s seem pretty easy to come by, 750s not so much. Most were at dealerships 3 or 6 or more hours away. I was set to go check out an '05 with 2700 mi on it 4 hours from me when the sales guy informed me the mileage was incorrect. Turns out it had 27,000 miles and kinda beat up. So, resigned to continuing my search, that same afternoon a friend said to check Craigslist and lo and behold there was an '04 with 4800 mi on it less than 30 minutes away! I brought 'er home that same day. A few dings on the lower fairing but otherwise pretty excellent shape and $1000 to $1500 less than higher mileage Kats I'd looked at. I'll be doing a lot of reading on here and from what I've seen I'll learn alot! I'll get a pic of the bike on here when I get a chance.

Greg in East TN

Congratulations and welcome to KR
    Carpe Jugulum...
    1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome!
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

welcome!! don't forget to check out the wiki and download the service manual for your bike.
          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Welcome to KR!
            1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Quick, ride over and join the fun at the Rally in Robbinsville this week.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hiya, welcome to the board

Comment

Welcome!...

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
                        welcome!! don't forget to check out the wiki and download the service manual for your bike.
                        I got the only one I could find that was close to what I need on the Wiki tab on the board, but it's for the '98-'02 models. I don't suspect there's much if any difference from '02 to '04, but if you know where I can locate the download specifically for an '04 I would appreciate the info.

Comment

Originally posted by freakngroovn View Post
                          I got the only one I could find that was close to what I need on the Wiki tab on the board, but it's for the '98-'02 models. I don't suspect there's much if any difference from '02 to '04, but if you know where I can locate the download specifically for an '04 I would appreciate the info.

No manual for the 03+ models, but the manual there is, is so close it doesn't matter.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                          X