X

2006 Katana 600 repair manual?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Katana 600 repair manual?

A friend of mine had mentioned Clymer motorcycle repair manuals, so I looked it up, only to find that they don't have manuals for Katanas newer than 1996.

I also searched these boards and found a topic about this, but the link to a pdf file seemed to be broken.

Does anybody know of a repair manual for an 06 Kat 600?

I'd really like to learn how to take care of my own bike, especially small fixes. Today I had to have my bike towed to the dealership to have them tighten the throttle cable, as they didn't do it properly when I brought it in last week for routine maintenance.

I'd highly recommend the HAYNES Hardcover manual.....for teh 98-02 Kats (there are VERY FEW changes after 02, mainly front brakes & tail plastic & light)......Parts Unlimted # 42010109

Retail is about $35. I think I can get you one for about $30. Book rate shipping is cheapest........should be only a couple of bucks........
    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Haynes is sounding pretty good, after I googled it.

Best price I found if anyone else is interested: http://www.themotorbookstore.com/gsx600.html

Comment

already posted this in another thread, but here's a link to a downloadable pdf:

http://katriders%2ecom:[email protected]/manuals/98+k 600/98+%20SUZUKI%20KATANA%20SERVICE%20MANUAL.pdf.zip (copy paste the whole thing)

i'm still going to buy a hard copy though so i can have something with me when working on the bike, instead of just printing out pages when i need 'em

30 bucks. meh. i can handle that.

Comment

Originally posted by schlagdogg
          already posted this in another thread, but here's a link to a downloadable pdf:

http://katriders%2ecom:[email protected]/manuals/98+k 600/98+%20SUZUKI%20KATANA%20SERVICE%20MANUAL.pdf.zip (copy paste the whole thing)

i'm still going to buy a hard copy though so i can have something with me when working on the bike, instead of just printing out pages when i need 'em

30 bucks. meh. i can handle that.
          I have both the standard (paper) and electronic versions of this manual (the Suzuki Factory Service Manual by Suzuki) and think it's head-and-shoulders better than the aftermarket manuals -- if you have a clue what you're doing. If you've never worked with a bike before, the Haynes is probably a better starting place because of the pictures instead of diagrams (get both and always reference the Suzuki one for any specifications, like clearances & bolt-torque -- haynes gets it wrong too often).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            get both and always reference the Suzuki one for any specifications, like clearances & bolt-torque -- haynes gets it wrong too often
            that's the plan.. thanks!!

Comment

here's a new link for the download, since it looks like the previous one died or was taken down:

Comment

The manual is now located in machanics 101
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                X