X

Hey Guys, Bought my first GSX 600F!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys, Bought my first GSX 600F!

Last edited by Greg93GSX600F; 03-14-2014, 11:16 PM.

95HP is that some kind of black magic? Can we really get that much?
    First motorcycle - new project
    1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Tell you what, I LOVE your Kat !! thanks for sharing your pics and making me jealous

Ride safe, Colin.
      Carpe Jugulum...
      1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Don't worry. My welcome post got a whopping 2 or 3 posts. It all depends on the timing.

Comment

You gotta wait for the people who work for a living to get home bro

Nice looking bike and welcome to katriders I am a long time lurker low post count person myself.

This is THE place for your Katana needs for sure. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine

Comment

Originally posted by Greg93GSX600F
            not to hard to hit 90+ HP with a katana 600.
            Keep telling yourself that. Welcome to KR. I just had a thought, if he means 90+ HP at the crank, he's right that's easy. If he means HP at the wheel that actually matters, uuummm okay.
            Last edited by arsenic; 03-14-2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              Keep telling yourself that. Welcome to KR. I just had a thought, if he means 90+ HP at the crank, he's right that's easy. If he means HP at the wheel that actually matters, uuummm okay.
              What can be expected from a stock 600 with a properly tuned stage 1 jet kit and an exhaust?

Comment

~80 horse power at the rear wheel. Anything over 76 and I'd call it good. A "properly tuned" jet kit has exactly zero to do with horse power. The engine makes the horse power. Have you heard "there is no replacement for displacement"? That phrase is 100% correct. The bore and stroke (displacement) dictate the max horse power. A jet kit just utilizes it correctly.
                Last edited by arsenic; 03-14-2014, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I'm getting my numbers from actual experience, not something I read on the internet. BTW chief, that thing you posted to try to prove me wrong is horse power at the crank, not RWHP. So that's about 73 RWHP. Again welcome.
                  Last edited by arsenic; 03-14-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Hate to burst your bubble, but you're not really getting extra horse power from your Ferrari stickers. Rock on with your bad self. Does that magical dyno slip you speak of say 95 Bhp? What do you think that means duder? Cause it sure as shit doesn't mean rear wheel horse power. Guess what, it's says absolutely nothing about rear wheel horse power either. The specs always include crank horse power, because it's a higher number. They advertise to dumbasses who believe their bike has 95 horse power. Case and point. People always try to tell you what your bike has because a 1993 Katana 600 isn't 95 horse power, but it's your bike, so if believing it's 95 horse power helps you sleep at night, by all means.
                    Last edited by arsenic; 03-14-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg93GSX600F
                      im getting my numbers from dyno slips on MY bike, I have no idea what your bike has but mine doesnt have 73 horse power lol. These websites are stock specifications and mention absolutely nothing about crank horse power. Seems where ever i turn people are always trying to tell me what my bike has.

hell even with 73 horses you could get to 90 lol just have some creativity eesh... there is all sorts of frankstein builds for the katana... you may not find them here but there out there. The Internet is an amazing resource for info and ive never been steered wrong on legit websites unless i listen to some random guy who i know nothing about....
                      Stick around and you will learn that Arsenic does know his stuff, and he is not very people friendly, as you've seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X