No announcement yet.
X

New guy in OH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice find. Not quite the latest generation since there were some more changes in '03, though.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      Nice find. Not quite the latest generation since there were some more changes in '03, though.
      What kind of changes?

I know the tail section changed, but I'm junking my body work anyway. If anyone wants pieces, I will part with them for very cheap - my concern is that shipping costs will make it basically not worth it.

But basically I would look on eBay, see what various parts have sold for, and take half that, plus actual shipping cost. Stuff like the bee-sting brake light, the center piece above the headlight, the headlight assembly, stock gauges, mirrors; none of that is going back on the bike.
      -Chris
      **if what I said can be taken two ways, and one of them offends you, I meant it the other way.

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome

Got any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by rk97 View Post
            ... but as near as I can tell, the only thing keeping it from being street-legal is the headlight is shorting out.

The most likely cause of this is the plug connector under the windshield for the headlights. It has a tendency to get over heated and burn out. Replace with a better connector is what I would suggest, but some have just "spliced" the wires together for a crappy temp fix.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I am going to wire up vapor gauges, so a lot of new plugs will be in order.
              -Chris
              **if what I said can be taken two ways, and one of them offends you, I meant it the other way.

Comment

Working...
              X