1990 katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 katana

hi,
    i picked up a 90 600 katana late last fall, i use to have a 90 750 katana, and loved it, but sold it do to space at the time. i was hoping to get another 750,
    but this one was selling for $400, so i couldn't turn it down. 36,000 miles on it, looks reasonably clean, except it had a recent accident on the left side of it.

it started up, and rode it around the parking lot, it was boggin down and fumbling a little bit so i only rode it slow speeds.

just started working on it now ( spent my winter doing engine tear down on a 84 honda cb700s, fixing a broken alt chain).

if im lucky a good carb cleaning and syncing will getting running properly, or atleast its a good start point.

here it is with my girlfriend centering it (she's too short to ride this one)

not bad for the price, but lots to be done!

here's my old katana(i was 17 when i bought it, i did the paint terribly ha!)

some of my other bikes

sig added
    Last edited by bikeboy929; 03-26-2014, 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    90 Suzuki GSX600F | 01 Suzuki TL1000R
    96 Suzuki DR650 | 82 Suzuki GS650GL
    84 Honda CB700S nighthawk (red) |84 Honda CB700S nighthawk (blue)
    82 Yamaha XJ650 maxim | 81 Suzuki GS450L (girlfriends bike)

Seems like even if it was a parts bike it would be a decent deal at $400. Also seems like you know your way around Suzukis pretty well. In case you need it, carbs 101 in the wiki is a great resource for carb cleaning.
    Welcome to KR!
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Great looking bike.
      Welcome to KR.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to KR What an eclectic collection of bikes you have... must be one amongst them that your girlfriend can ride

Colin.
        Carpe Jugulum...
        1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

her legs are too short, the only bike she can ride other then her gs450, is my xj650 maxim, which she loves, but she want to get a sports bike ( or anything with a full plastics for the sport look)
          90 Suzuki GSX600F | 01 Suzuki TL1000R
          96 Suzuki DR650 | 82 Suzuki GS650GL
          84 Honda CB700S nighthawk (red) |84 Honda CB700S nighthawk (blue)
          82 Yamaha XJ650 maxim | 81 Suzuki GS450L (girlfriends bike)

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Originally posted by bikeboy929 View Post
              her legs are too short, the only bike she can ride other then her gs450, is my xj650 maxim, which she loves, but she want to get a sports bike ( or anything with a full plastics for the sport look)

If the pic of her on the Kat is with it at stock height, then it would be no problem to lower a Kat that would fit her needs perfectly.

Badfaerie's Kat was lowered correctly by doing the proper suspension rework all kats need anyways, and having the additional mods for the height adjustment done at that time. She's like 5' 4".

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                If the pic of her on the Kat is with it at stock height, then it would be no problem to lower a Kat that would fit her needs perfectly.

Badfaerie's Kat was lowered correctly by doing the proper suspension rework all kats need anyways, and having the additional mods for the height adjustment done at that time. She's like 5' 4".

Krey

what bike? where is this bike you speak of?
                http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Working...
                X