X

Just wanna confirm...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanna confirm...

I'll be ordering a chain and sprocket setup in the next day or so. It will go with my swingarm mod that shortened it by 3/4", and I wanna make sure I'm doing my math right.

93 750 stock size is 15/47 with 118 chain. I'll be changing over to a 520 setup (because I want blue links dangit!), and 15/50 tooth config.

So.. 118 + 3 tooths = 121 links, -3/4" wheelbase... so -2 links = 119 links, rounded up (chain links in pairs) to 120 as the final size?

Did I do that right?

I'm sure I can find a chain breaker if needed, but I'd rather just order the right size.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

2 links should equal 1 1/4 inches on a 500 series chain. That would be 3/4 inches of axle travel.
    Add 3 teeth to the sprocket and yes it looks like your math is correct.

Comment

Can anyone on here suggest to me where I can get a new 520 15/52 chain and sprocket combo for a decent price

Comment

Originally posted by DanielR.Bedard View Post
        Can anyone on here suggest to me where I can get a new 520 15/52 chain and sprocket combo for a decent price
        vortex sprockets was the only place I could find a 520 sprocket for the Katana that had 50+ teeth available for the rear. Other places carried higher teeth counts in 530, but not a 520.

Sumofallparts.net is where I got my set. It was right about $160 US for RK X-ring chain, front steel sprocket, rear aluminum sprocket.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the website Kreylyn, I sent them a message to see if they can help me out with what I want in size and color. Prices are not that bad either for being in US dollars.

Comment

Working...
          X