X

Sport Touring windscreen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport Touring windscreen

I'm planning a few long road trips in the very near future but the wind buffetting inside my helmet drives me crazy, and one of the reasons I bought a Kat is because I have lower back problems. So I decided to buy a ST windscreen from Zero Gravity and what an amazing difference, all is quiet now and it is so much more pleasant to ride!! It is a real quality product and it looks great on the bike also, take a look;

check out the new decals I had made also

here are a couple of comparisons with the OEM screen I painted (matches my front turn signals)

sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

yeah man... i bet that made a HUGE difference..... personally i think the other one looks WAY better but its deff a function over form in that situation.....

i can deff relate to the wind problems since i have zero windshield... LOL anything over about 60 is brutal.... hahahah...
    THE EMAIL BANDIT
    F4 I stunted out
    Cbr900 (low and stretched)
    MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

Looks good man. I like the decals.
      Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
      www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

I do prefer the look of the painted OEM screen, but for the amount of time it takes to change it I can swap it out depending on my mood. According to my wife I'll have to change it while I'm riding!!
        sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

you must either be really tall or you have some kinda crappy helmet. I'm 6'1 and the only time I have problems with wind is when its a crosswind from a semitruck or something. I dont think the windscreen looks too bad. I saw a touring windscreen the other day on ebay from some company in the UK that was tall like that but had more of a "wave" to it. Cant recall the name of the company now but it was buy it now for like $70 I think. Anyway, hope that fixed your problem.
          sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
          RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
          I Miss You Pop
          2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
          BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

want to sell your old one pm me
            05 Kat 600
            Yoshi RS3
            Bar Risers
            Road Attacks
            Fumoto Valve
            Corbin Seat w / backrest
            Sportech black chrome windscreen
            Custom garage door opener

Comment

I have heard great things about the touring screens. They may not look as sporty but they are definitely more enjoyable for riding on the highway
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

I'll be keeping the OEM windscreen and swap it from time to time, I really like the look of it. I'm only 5'10" and my helmet is far from being the best. I'm saving my pennies for a good helmet but I'm looking at over $500 I know you can buy them online for a lot less but I prefer to stick it on my head before I pay for it.
                With this new ST screen in a slightly tucked position, it is very quiet, nothing but engine noise.

Comment

Hmm.. What do you think of a double bubble? I'm going to buy one from Skidwerkz and paint it jet black.. To solve the burning dash issue.. I've heard Double Bubbles on other bikes help with the wind a lot.. I'm 6'4 so I get blasted too.. However that Touring screen is just WAY big for me...

But it looks good on yours Love the emblems! I want to repaint my Kat.. Looks like yorus, Black/Silver..

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                    Hmm.. What do you think of a double bubble?
                    But it looks good on yours Love the emblems! I want to repaint my Kat.. Looks like yorus, Black/Silver..
                    I couldn't find a double bubble for the Kat on the Zero Gravity website: http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sp...zukisptbks.htm

Comment

Originally posted by baddkat View Post
                      I couldn't find a double bubble for the Kat on the Zero Gravity website: http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sp...zukisptbks.htm
                      I found it here..

Its made by Skidmarx.. Bolts right up.. Only problem is the few on KR that have it have burnt dashes. Somehow the double bubble creates a magnify glass in the sun and melts the dash. My fix is to paint the underside jet black.

Comment

thanks for the link. That is a good idea but I wonder if it will get hot "inside the bubble" and split or damage the bubble. Definitely worth a try, let me know if it works for you and if it does I might try the same but with the gun metal grey instead of black.

Another thing you can try is to, not paint it solid, but mist it from a couple of feet away to simply make it translucent. This way it will prevent the sun from burning through and in theory, should not get hot.

Comment

I've been looking for a touring shields, that looks good enough for me.
                          I'm only 5'7" and I do get a lot of wind noise, unless I tuck under but that defeats the purpose of riding a Kat. I'll be looking in more at this item as alternative. I can always swich back and forth.
                          Thanks for the info.

Comment

The customer service at Zero Gravity was good also, they sent me a tracking number the day after I ordered it and it arrived very well packaged.

I definitely recommend it as a must have, it only takes a minute to switch from OEM to Sport Touring. The light smoke is also a good choice, I can see through it and it looks cool on the black bike.
                            Last edited by baddkat; 09-15-2008, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Hey baddkat, thanks for responding in the other thread.

It looks like your zero gravity windscreen is wider to protect the upper body than my Euro Speed Screen from Lockhart Phillips. My windscreen his a little verticle flip at the very top of the screen.
                              2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                              2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                              1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                              1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                              1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Working...
                              X