X

1993 Red Kat OEM Paint Codes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Red Kat OEM Paint Codes

So now that the fairing is shaping up, I need to paint it. What do you guys do to get the closest match? Is it possible to get an OEM paint code for a 1993 GSX600F, red? How available are the factory decals?

Vaughn

I was wondering the same thing for touch ups. I'm sure someone will chime in with factory info. I've traditionally used the local NAPA or body shop to color match spray cans for me at about $15 a pop. If no code was available, I previously chose the best candidate panel and used an oxidation remover or compound and polished the piece out to restore the original color, then used that for the match. I'm interested in knowing the answer to this question as well.
    Last edited by moscar45; 04-04-2010, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Paint codes

Moscar,

I got the factory info from the suzuki dealership. If you look at the specs for the bike at the dealership, they'll give you a 3 digit color number that corresponds to a color description. For example, mine is 1MW PRL Pure RED NO.2. You can't find this on color rite's website but if you call their East Coast location they have way more colors than listed on the site. The guy shipped it out to me today. I'm sure it's the same for other older models of Suzuki Katanas. Hope this helps man.

Vaughn

Comment

Thanks Vaughn, I appreciate the info. Mines a 91 red 750, so there is a good chance its the same color as yours. I'll probably grab some to paint my rotor center. Later. Lan.

Comment

Working...
        X