No announcement yet.
X

Mesh Mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks good, black sounds interesting, Id go for black . Id try to powder coat them myself with a cheap setup and a owen from the junkyard. heat resistant paint is often matt and a clear coat with normal paint would peel off because of the heat im guessing. but thats just me , I like shiny parts.
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

duplicolor makes a engine clear coat that i heat resistant to 500 degrees.
      time to nut up or shut up
      Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
      The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

did you ever decide to paint them black? I will be doing this today and tommarow!

Comment

Originally posted by EODA View Post
          Are there any advantages of the mesh mod? Other than a slick look?
          +20 horsepower and better aerodynamics

I meshed my pre right before I sold it, looked great. Would do it on my bike but **** sticks out through the holes in the fairings.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah, I just painted them all black few days ago. I like it a lot so far. Today I installed Kawasaki windscreen on it which is also black. So far looks good. I'll put out some pics soon. Last week I got my Alsa Tropical Orange paint delivered. Right before I got into an accident. So now there is even better reason to paint my Kat

Comment

Mesh mod

Here are some pics of my Kat with the black mesh that I replaced the turn signals with. How did yours come out?..
              Attached Files

Comment

keeps the mice out...lol
                sigpic
                98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
                Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Black mesh looks great. It'll def pop with that orange paint.
                  -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
                  -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
                  -2008 Audi S5
                  -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

It looks nice...a lot like air intakes now.

Comment

I never thought of putting mesh on a motorcycle. That looks amazing! I'll have to see what I can do with my pre streetfighter.
                      '95 Katana 600

Comment

well done...

I see you did the EX500 windscreen mod, did you use the stock shape, or the race/double bubble shape?

Sorry to change subjects
                        Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                        '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Thanx. I used the stock shape I got from the ebay for $35, I think. Although, now you gave me a great idea to experiment with double bubble version Thanx to Cheriff who sent me the link to Joe Dahero's thread about how to install Kawasaki windscreen I was able to do it myself with only Sharpie marker and my buddy's Dremel I love the way my Kat looks now except for the few scratches it got after an accident. I checked ur pics and I liked ur version of windscreen. Did you cut the stock one or did you use the one from another bike?...

Thanx man
                          Last edited by russian_dude; 08-19-2010, 04:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by russian_dude View Post
                            Thanx. I used the stock shape I got from the ebay for $35, I think. Although, now you gave me a great idea to experiment with double bubble version Thanx to Cheriff who sent me the link to Joe Dahero's thread about how to install Kawasaki windscreen I was able to do it myself with only Sharpie marker and my buddy's Dremel I love the way my Kat looks now except for the few scratches it got after an accident. I checked ur pics and I liked ur version of windscreen. Did you cut the stock one or did you use the one from another bike?...

Thanx man

The one you see in the picture is the stock screen that I cut, but since then I did the same windscreen mod as you, but I cut mine a little longer than yours, so it sits lower. I just havent updated my pics yet. They'll be up soon.
                            Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                            '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Working...
                            X