X

My ride to work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ride to work

I was playing with Google Earth, and figured I would share my drive to work. The satellite photos don't make the curves look as fun as they are. It's about 60 miles one way for me, so I've cut out all the straights.

Carry on I'm going ridin'

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Those curves look LONG and drawn out. Like long sweepers. Fun though huh??
    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blkpitbull
      Those curves look LONG and drawn out. Like long sweepers. Fun though huh??
      Yeah, it's really fun. There's a few 25/35 mph curves in there, and a few twisties. What you can't see is the elevation changes. The whole ride is in and out of the bluffs, going down toward the Mississippi.

Comment

def. more exciting than my daily commute
        Rock out with your knee out

FREE utilities for your PC

Comment

That looks SWEET. Lotta cops along it?

Comment

Originally posted by doubleoqueso
            That looks SWEET. Lotta cops along it?
            There are sometimes, but it's far and few between. They normally sit in the straight sections, where I tend to keep out of the throttle. I've seen a few in the twisties, maybe once or twice a summer.

Comment

Compare to the straight line I ride here in Houston it looks like a mountain pass!!
              Current: 1992 Katana 750
              Sold: 2001 Shadow 750

Comment

All my commuting is filled with gazillions of stoplights There are freeways, too, I suppose, but too many cars and too many cops

Comment

Looks like that could very well be the highlight of your day. I know it would be the highlight of mine... "hey guys I gotta ride home now"
                  2004 R6
                  2000 SVT Contour

Comment

Wow, nice greenery.. and WOW, you drive 60 miles one way to work.. Dang, I thought my 1/2hr commute through the city was bad..

Comment

Nice driving commute, mine is almost 90 miles(I75 S)
                      Watch for your Guardian Angel
                      750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Hey! you want to see my ride to work...

here you go.

home______________________________________________ ______work

takes me 5 min each way with traffic... sory I live in florida.

Comment

Originally posted by katanapr3
                          Hey! you want to see my ride to work...

here you go.

home______________________________________________ ______work

takes me 5 min each way with traffic... sory I live in florida.

Laughs.. Mine kinda looks like that, too.. But I have a Right, left, right, left, then work..

Comment

well I feel better now, I'm not the only one.

Comment

That looks like a nice ride! I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but here's a part of mine. My ride to work is 30 miles one way, but the first 1/3 is a great ride - it definitely wakes me up for the morning! My route goes from left to right, west to east.

Sorry for the low quality - it's a resized print screen from my GPS software. At the point directly south of "Oakdale" until you get to the end of that road on the east part of the map, there are an average of 11 curves per mile.
                              Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Working...
                              X