X

Need carb parts rebuild list asap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need carb parts rebuild list asap

ok so noone has a freaking rebuild kit for a 95 gsx750f, and the dealership is at a loss, basically i have to piece together my own with brand newparts....sigh.....

now i have someone else working on it but i cant get ahold of them atm, so could someone give me a parts list on everything that im going to need so that i can piece this ting together please

i know he said he wanted to do metering valves and floats on it too, he just got it all back together after cleaning them and it is still dumping gas, so he assures me this is the route that needs to be taken

please carb godds of the forum, can i get a parts list of everything im going to need?

Everything that's rubber. Rebuilt carbs don't "dump gas" whoever worked on your carbs is a hack.
    4 – Float bowl gaskets - $29.72
    4 – Pilot jet plus – 13.92
    4 – Fuel line seals - $13.92
    You need 4 large needle valve o-ring and 4 small needle valve o-rings also. I stock those so I can't tell you the price on them, but they aren't cheap. That's why I buy 100 at a time from Grainger
    They DO make rebuild kits for your carbs also, but they don't include pilot jet plugs, so they are kinda worthless.
    Last edited by arsenic; 04-08-2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

they havnt been rebuilt yet, he just took um apart and cleaned them and after a couple cranks gas is still just running out of the carbs

Comment

That would mean you need float bowl gaskets, like yesterday.

Comment

wouldnt have anything to do with the floats or metering valves?

Comment

Well, it could. But if he cleaned them, he should have set the float heights. If the float heights are correct and they aren't sticking, it shouldn't cause it to leak fuel. Making sure the floats aren't sticking is certainly what I'd consider part of cleaning. I'm still going with this guy is a hack. And what are these "metering valves" of which you speak?

Comment

**** i dont know

Comment

I don't either

Comment

Why don't you do yourself a HUGE favor - retreive the carbs and send them to ARSENIC. Problem solved!
                  2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                  2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

That would cost more than $1 dollar.
                    As far as pre 98 750 carbs, I don't have any right now with OE jetting. Here's what I have:
                    carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX750F Katana 750 89-97
                    And the best set I've ever built
                    Last edited by arsenic; 04-08-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

1. Hit the wiki and search for "carb parts".
                      2. The guy who worked on your carbs doesn't know what he's doing. Keep him away from anything you care about.
                      3. Most likely, your carbs are leaking because the float needles need to be replaced. See #1.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Negative Bill, most likely the carbs are leaking because the float bowl gaskets need to be replaced.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Working...
                          X