X

LOOKING FOR A TANK BAG......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOOKING FOR A TANK BAG......

Not sure if this is the right place for this (but I'm sure the Mods will fix if not):

I'm looking for a tank bag for my 'Busa that doesn't look like Mt. Everest on top of the tank, but has a footprint that will fit my "17 PowerBook. It has to be at least 12" x 17". I've looked everywhere but can't find one that size. I don't like the look of sidebags and I like riding with the cowl on. Any suggestions surely appreciated.
    sigpic

Re: LOOKING FOR A TANK BAG......

Originally posted by tdrcomm
    Any suggestions surely appreciated.

Backpack?

12x17 is pretty big.
    Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

Are you sure you want to put a powerbook near magnets?
      Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
        That and the vibration, wouldn't you'd have to pad it so you don't damage the hard drive?
        Kyle

Comment

3rd'd....backpack...

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
            That and the vibration, wouldn't you'd have to pad it so you don't damage the hard drive?

I have a backpack, but I really don't like the feel of the weight. No problem with riding with it, but I'm just not as comfortable as I'd like to be.

I'm sure there has to be non-magnetized bags (straps). I've been testing a shock-absorbing case/wrap that I built that so far works and protects really well. The company I work for makes the material (a heavy duty cushioned grip) and I adapted it to work as protection for PDA's, laptops and digital cameras. For the tankbag I'm adding a gel liner to the wrap for added protection, and a gel base to the bag.

I measured the 'Busa tank and should fit, no problem.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
              Originally posted by woobie

I have a backpack, but I really don't like the feel of the weight. No problem with riding with it, but I'm just not as comfortable as I'd like to be.

I'm sure there has to be non-magnetized bags (straps). I've been testing a shock-absorbing case/wrap that I built that so far works and protects really well. The company I work for makes the material (a heavy duty cushioned grip) and I adapted it to work as protection for PDA's, laptops and digital cameras. For the tankbag I'm adding a gel liner to the wrap for added protection, and a gel base to the bag.

I measured the 'Busa tank and should fit, no problem.
              Sounds good now. Tank bags use to be straps until the magnet type came.
              Haven't seen any new tank bags with straps lately.
              Oxford makes a bag for laptops but it's to mounted on the rear seat.
              Bike is sold

Comment

Hook up a trailer.
                1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat
                  Hook up a trailer.

HA HA HA! Laugh it up, Funny Boy!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Range is Bikeless right now, maybe he could just ride around Bich and hold ono it for you
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

DON'T!

I wiped my harddrive one day by putting it into my JR tankbag and heading off to work. I even had a shirt and pair of pants rolled up between the magnets and my Dell.

Comment

It was the shirt that did it.....!
                        ...wheeeew!

Comment

that is a big bag!! but I like the magnetic bags. I love the fact that you can pick them up off the bike and go. but I dont know if they make them that big.

Comment

I have a Dell M50, 11"x14" (bigger with padding around it), and I couldn't find a tank bag that would work. I didn't look at magentic because of the HDD issue. I wound up buying a backpack, popping some grommets into it, and using cut-in-half bungee cords inserted through the grommets, with a knot on the inside to secure each cord (adjustable too ). Takes all of about 5 seconds to mount or unmount it, and I put mine right on top of the solo seat cowl. Just an FYI, wearing a backpack could be hazardous in an accident, especially with something hard like a laptop in it, you could break your back.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                              Range is Bikeless right now, maybe he could just ride around Bich and hold ono it for you
                              Range.....that close to my backside??!!!............The Horror!!!!

I'd be a nervous wreck going through parking lots:
                              "Is it just a speed bump, or is it Range??!!!"
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X