Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Is there such a thing as a courteous driver anymore...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankTheTank
    Hey iwannadie,

You and I drive in the same area. US-60 !!! I ride it almost every day.

The soocer mom's think they're indestructable, the imports drivers think they are racing and the mimi van drivers are doing everything but driving.

There are people who do stuff on the roads in AZ that would get you kicked out of Firebird Raceway!!

Don't let 'em getcha
    must suck to be in queen creek right now, if you take power home at night. man power is like the only road in/out of queen creek people tell me lol. plus the movie being filmed there will have it all jacked up.
    03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by jasonrun

Haha, I'm in MA, though I grew up in NH where driving with courtesy is "The New Hampshire way" according to the signs Anyway, I was down in southern CT and I had a masshole in a BMW decide he wanted to move from the right lane to the middle lane, when we were lined up right next to each other, luckily the left lane was empty and I was able to get out of his way... but then five minutes later someone with CT plates did the same thing to me.
      I'm in NH - and, for the most part, folks are pretty good about bikes - although I find most trouble with younger drivers that don't pay attention or don't know how to check their mirrors often enough.

I've ridden down into Boston a few times... now THERE'S a city that needs a lesson on manners... my GOD!! Might as well be walking barefoot in the middle of the interstate...

Jason - where in Mass are you?
      Mr. Nice Guy
      '04 Katana 750
      Ride safe, live long!

Comment

WK, you have out of state plates on your ride?

I used to travel for buisness quite often, and I noticed that other drivers seem to treat you much worse when you have out of state plates on the car you are in.

In CO I couldn't get someone to cut me off with CO plates, but when I had Nevada plates on the rental one time I'd never seen so many angry drivers.

"Dang outta state drivers, learn where you're going!"
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy

I'm in NH - and, for the most part, folks are pretty good about bikes - although I find most trouble with younger drivers that don't pay attention or don't know how to check their mirrors often enough.

I've ridden down into Boston a few times... now THERE'S a city that needs a lesson on manners... my GOD!! Might as well be walking barefoot in the middle of the interstate...

Jason - where in Mass are you?
          Yeah, NH has enough motorcycles around that people should know to watch for them... I'm living down on the CT border below Worcester. I go all over the place though. I work in Westboro, and have friends in Boston. I actually need to tow it up to NH to get it temporarily sold and registered to my dad up there since I don't have a title for it... sucks I'm going to be paying so much for registering it twice, but I only paid $1200 for it in SC.

I try not to drive in Boston if I can avoid it. I haven't taken the bike there yet because I haven't even taken it out of my neighborhood yet. It will be nice in terms of parking in Boston though. You know most of the bad driving in Boston has probably come about because of the HORRIBLE road system.

Comment

Welcome to Connecticut..the constipation state..cuz the roads are always backed up. That is why people drive the way they do to hurry up and avoid the new backup/accidewnt.

It could be worse you could be on the Cross Bronx in NY (I-95 from George Washington bridge up to the New England thru-way) where drivers don't even yield to jump onto the highway..they just bolt right on out and expect the person in the right lane to either slow down or lane change so that they don't have to yield on the on-ramp.

Comment

Yield on the on-ramp? Who does that?
              Seriously though, I usually get up to about 80 mph in my car by the end of the on-ramp, it actually makes merging so much easier because you just get behind whatever car is in front of you and you easily pass anyone coming up beside you. I have never had a problem merging and never even had close calls. When I'm riding with people that go the speed limit on the on-ramps (usually about 35-40MPH) and then try to merge into traffic going 65-75MPH they always end up stopping at the end of the on-ramp which just makes things impossible. Then you have people piling up behind you and you cause chain reaction rear end-er accidents...
              Of course I'm just referring to moving traffic... obviously if the road is congested this isn't a good idea, but in those instances the on-ramp will most likely be backed up too anyway.
              Going south on I-95 in that area was ridiculous last time I went down there. It was just like a pile of cars pretending they want to merge / drive forward. And there was some guy walking around in the middle of it selling phones or something.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonrun
                Yield on the on-ramp? Who does that?
                Seriously though, I usually get up to about 80 mph in my car by the end of the on-ramp, it actually makes merging so much easier because you just get behind whatever car is in front of you and you easily pass anyone coming up beside you. I have never had a problem merging and never even had close calls.
                The Massachusetts' way in writing!

Unfortunately, they drive the same way when they come to Florida on vacation.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I haven't really driven much outside of new england other than long hauls where there wasn't much merging, so I'm not sure how well it works in other places.

Around here people seem to expect that people trying to merge with them will be going at least the speed of traffic. Otherwise you end up with a whole bunch of people slamming on their brakes because someone just kept driving along at 45 MPH after the on-ramp. You can easily see it. People in the right lane will slow/speed/move to the middle lane exactly enough to leave space for a car coming up the on-ramp, but they will have to be going 65-75 in order to get into that spot.

A few months ago I had some woman that was doing 45 off the on-ramp continue into the middle lane at that speed right in front of me. I was going about 75 with traffic. Luckily I was able to brake enough that it was just a little bumper crushing. Then she continued on her marry way and didn't stop even when I pulled up next to her and honked my horn. She never even got in touch with her insurance company and after 30 days of trying to get a hold of her they just admitted fault and paid me.

I'm not really sure how Floridians drive, but I know the gray haired ones that spend half their time down there and half up here are pretty annoying on the highway.

Comment

Working...
                  X