X

Sooner or Later! (Hit Deer)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooner or Later! (Hit Deer)

I knew it would happen sooner or later. Hope it is really against odds to hit two on a bike. Well, going to work Friday morning @ 6:00 am on interstate 77 I was running 81 mph when out of the blue a doe is running into my side. I refrained from doing what I wanted. Swerve and hit the brakes, and I just braced my arms, tightened my legs around the tank and kept her straight. Damn! Felt like I jarred everything in me. I think I caught its ass-end because I did not run over it with the rear tire, or at least I don't think I did. Minor damage to the Kat, I know it could have been a lot worse. The blury picture was me getting to close to the bike trying to show the hair after 2 days of riding still stuck! It knoced a chuck out of my carbon fiber covers on my fork, and broke a bit of the plastic.

Wow!! Close call. Have you tried a deer whistle, not sure if they work or not.

Comment

Well good job keeping it up.
      05 GSX-600
      89 zx750r
      04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

Glad to hear that You and the Kat are doing well.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I was wondering about this whistler myself. Any use them? It speed wobbled till I gave it the gas, but all in all I know I was lucky!

Comment

I read an article on the whistle and they simply don't work.

Comment

Havent read about whitslers for a long time, not sure if they work. Glad your ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Guelph
                I read an article on the whistle and they simply don't work.
                Roadbike did a piece about them a couple months ago , and called them garbage , basically .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Glad to hear you didn't have a fall from this. At least it appears to be easily fixable.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Had 4 whistlers on my car about 15 or so years ago,,,they didnt work.. Glad you and the bike are ok dude...

Comment

dusk & dawn you really need to keep your eyes open.

good save.

tim

Comment

Great save!

Recently, a horse got loose from a local ranch and decided the grass alongside the road was tastier than in his paddock. I got on the horn and watched it rear back and take off in the opposite direction.

I'm starting to see more and more armadillos on the road. I guess they make a good ramp for jumping!

Obstacles are all over the place this time of year in FL.

Comment

Man thats crazy! Glad to hear your ok, and great job on the descion making!

Comment

Anyone ever hit a turtle?

Comment

Almost . On ALOT of roads out here if you ride early in the morning , those poor buggers are trying to cross the road .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X