X

anyone know the diffrences of the guages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know the diffrences of the guages

i have a 93 katana 600 and have seen some 88-97 750 guages that look completly diffrent than my 600, mine are ugly does anyone know the year of the good lookin ones on the 750 are and will they interchange with the 600's? thanks, chris

Dunno if they'll interchange or not . You'd need the whole surround since the gauges have such a huge size difference . And the redline is different , so the tach might be off ... Sounds like a PITA
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Define ugly?? As in you dont care for the design or something is wrong with them and need replaced ?

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
        Define ugly?? As in you dont care for the design or something is wrong with them and need replaced ?
        The gauges are different sizes and use a different bezel...now you can replace the face plates on the gauges...but other than that your looking at the same style in a stock gauge for pre98's..
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

ugly as in there just fugly i mean why is the gas guage so large? may have to do some custom guages i guess!

Comment

Well the thing with the gas gauge...ok well it's too big...I agree but fugly...that's harsh...I'm working on trying to re-design the bezel on my 600...so that it will accept the 750 gas gauge and a clock..stay tuned because this may take me a while...
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

i think i'm going to take a stock pod and totally redesign the whole setup! shouldn't be too hard and i don't care about the redline it will have a shift light!

Comment

will post pics when done! where is that autometer catalog i got yesterday?

Comment

UPDATE: ordered a cheap set of guages for a 750 off ebay and let me tell you yes with a little moding and your old guages you can put a 750 set on a 600 works and looks awesome!

Comment

Working...
                  X