No announcement yet.
X

crash bar/sliders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the fact that these are more of a "mini" cage than just a frame slider...the cages are expensive and put you in another category of rider, actually when you have a cage on your bike it usually means your a stunter...this on the other hand is "cage" like but not too much...I like the concept, the price is not really outrageous for what you are getting and it looks like it will offer more protection than a regular frame slider, protecting not only the frame but the farings also...just my own $.02...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

BUMP ?

Comment

ill have him take a look at my bike and see what he says

Comment

I'll take a set if he can:

1. show pictures of them mounted on a '98+ 750 (mine is a '99)

2. show installation instructions so it's clear that cutting into the frame or fairings isn't required

3. show a picture of a bike on its side proving that no portion of the bike touches the ground other than the slider (and possibly the bar end or mirror). Either that or it could be done with the bike vertical against a wall, flat sheet of plywood or other flat plane to demonstrate the same thing (at least you wouldn't have to put the bike over on its side that way).
          ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
          Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

I'm not an expert, but seems there are a lot of parts interchangeable between 600 & 750's within the year brackets. Considering you are talking about the core of the frames and motor mounts, which I think are about the same even between pre-98's and 98+'s they might measure out the same. The motors are interchangeable (direct bolt-up), and the swingarms are interchangeable.... MIGHT just be the same for all Kats. Guess time will tell.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
            who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

what do they weight. im not interested just curious.

Comment

Working...
              X