X

thanks for the link

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks for the link

thank you for the link. talked to another inspection station,have an appointment set up for this sat at 10:00. the inspector said as long as the liscence plate and turn signals are visible it will pass. i dont know where the previous owner took it to get it inspected. i will probably ride the bike there if the weather permits. it was really nice here in pa on monday perfect riding weather. i ended up getting the bike yesterday tuesday and had to ride it home from work in about 45 degree weather with strong winds almost blowing the bike off the street. needless to say the weather here now is chilly not good riding weather and i dont have the proper warm gear like leathers and such so i will just wait until its nice out. i have to get my motorcylce permit(oh yet can't forget that!) on saturday as well. so by saturday the bike should be inspected and i will be legal to ride. oh by the way i am working on getting pics posted on here the bike is in better condition then i first thought it was when i saw it.it was originally the white color with a red seat. it is now painted a metallic silver color. flawless paint job not a single scratch!! never looks like it was layed over. all plastics are intact and one piece. brand new tires and brakes the previous owner just changed the oil and cleaned the carbs. got a vance&hines pipe on it. right now the only thing wrong with the bike is i have a rigged up rear fender just in case they dont pass the bike without the shovel. its got 11,000 miles on it and i bought it for $2,500 which came with 2 helmets i brand new and a rear bike stand. i think i made out pretty good. the bike runs fine once warmed up its a little chuggish when first started but that is to be expected from a bike that is 18 years old.

Congrats, good luck, and ride safe!

Comment

Congrads!

Where are you at in PA anyway?
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Congrats! You got a great deal

So... still think you'll replace the shovel?
        My Karma ran over my Dogma.

Comment

Where are you at in PA anyway
          York
          thanks all for the well wishes
          So... still think you'll replace the shovel?
          not completly sure yet it depends on what the insp. mechanic says if he says it will pass without it i will just take my rigged up fender off and probably leave the shovel off and not bother getting a new one. i have to agree with most people when they say its ugly looking. if i will need one for next inspection i'm sure i will get on due to my rigged up fender doesnt look that bad but you can tell its rigged.

Comment

Hey, Im in york .. the weather here after this week should be clearing up, knock on wood, we should hit the roads and get a ride together soon !

Where did you take it to get inspected at ? Ive got a great guy that does inspections and his labor is very reasonable should you require it in the future.

Comment

this weather sucks

would your mechanic pass my bike without the shovel i'm taking it to wernsdorfers in felton. he is supposed to be very reasonable. yea i better knock on wood as well i heard poss of snow friday night through saturday when the bike is supposed to get inspected. guess i will be trailering it to the bike shop on sat. this stinks i just got the bike tuesday got to ride it 1 time after i bought it and now everytime i walk into the house i see it sitting there and i can't ride it. its like having a million dollars sitting at the house and beable to look at it smell it and count it but not being able to spend a penny!

Comment

Working...
              X