No announcement yet.
X

Speed Channel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee,Texas Hardtails is the best bike show on TV.......Beer tent girl anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by bamarama
      Everytime the themesong to Texas Hardtails comes on, I die a little bit inside.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

I agree, during Nascar season, Speed becomes the Nascar channel.

If they would let me, I know I could program a schedule to have a full
        time channel dedicated to two wheels. Speed 2, Two Wheel Speed. It's
        time.
        'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

NASCAR is for tards. give it back to TNN. Trailer Nut Network. I want my Indy, F1, Rally and some sportbike shows would be nice too. And would it kill these MFs to run talent based racing sometime other than 3am? This crap is why I got rid of cable over a year ago. I now have time for much more important things. like ranting on here.

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
            Let's face it they show what sells.
            Actually, that's not quite true...

One of my clients is Dave Bowman (Shade Tree Mechanic, Crank-N-Chrome, Two Guys Garage, a couple other 'mechanics' shows over the years -- he'll be on "Trucks" shortly)... According to his comments, they show what they can get dirt cheap or free for most of their time slots, and personal politics/tastes of the programming director & the president plays into it heavily.

I don't know their deal with NASCAR, but when it comes to other shows, they pay virtually zip or actually zip to get the episodes (less than it actually costs to make the shows), and the producers of the show make their money doing the product endorsements on the show itself ("this week we'll be installing a Paxton supercharger package..."), plus wrapping a few minutes of commercials and sponsorships into them ("this section sponsored by DupliColor, makers of fine automotive color solutions").

I do know they don't tend to carry the serious motorcycle racing stuff because they aren't willing to pay the fees for broadcast rights to MotoGP, etc.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X