X

help me plz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me plz

ok i take my wife for a lil ride around the block(first two up) and the back end feels really soft sagging but ok ride. the next day i get the c spanner crank up rear spring wow feels much better so im ready to go she gets on where crusing having a nice ride (flat rodes)so i get to a hill go over the top theres a stop sign at the bottom coming up fast so i down shift pull the brakes and OUCH O MY GOD MY NADES are being crushed wasnt pretty but one hell of a learning experience she now knows why i told here to push on gas take when im coming to a hard stop much better passenger now
    my question is i saw a magnetic pad once that would b perfect for this type of thing but i dont remember where and cant find it now anyone know of anything like this (tank pad)

They are called tank pads. They are made to keep from scratching the front of your tank. Now I know there are some that is made out of rubber. Most of these are on there for good and there are some that are magnets.

You can get them from www.cyclegear.com ( which is wear I work) local dealerships, Ronayers.com, bikebandit.com.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I wish we had a CycleGear store here. I have heard nothing but good things about them. Tell your people to open one up here in Augusta, Georgia Jimmy.

Comment

Doesn't matter WHAT your boys are smashing into , if someone's pushing on 'em from behind , they's GONNA get squished . You guys will have to work out how to keep her from sliding forward so much (watch the quick braking) .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

All the tank pad will do is keep your zipper of jacket from scratching it. Your "boys" are on thier own unless you wear a cup lol.

BTW did you adjust your front end too or just crank up the back?
          Kyle

Comment

Also...I find that tapping the back break just before squeezing the front stabilizes the bike quite a bit

Comment

There's a great thread in the Riding Tips forum that talks about good technique for 2 up riding. I'll find it for you shortly.

check that link out, its got a great write up about 2up railing, riding, body position, tips, etc.

Comment

I don't know if you wanna do this to a 750 seat since it's one piece and it would make it hard for you to get your a$$ off the seat in the twisties. Friday my GF and I were out riding and I pulled a wheelie while racing an F2 with some guy on guy action on it. Needless to say that she almost slid off the back of the bike due to the horrible slippriness of the kat's seat. So I went to Lowe's and bought some of that non-slip foamrubber workmat stuff and wraped the rear seat with it. I thought it would look horrible but it didn't turn out that bad. From a few feet away it kinda gives it a carbon fiber look and it matches my carbon fiber Yoshi really well. I nailed the brakes real good a few time today and pulled a decent wheelie both with her on it and I must say no crushed nuts today. I'm going to keep it on till after the Tennessee trip next month and then I'll see how it's holding up and decide where to go from there. Anyways here's a few pic of it, love it or hate it, it works
                Attached Files
                Hey, hold my beer and watch this!

Comment

Hey Ritchey.....is that kat housebroken?
                  when it breaks, do you take it to a mechanic or a vet?
                  Do you wash it yourself, or do you take it in to have it groomed?
                  Have you Taken Bob Barker's advice, and had it spayed or neutered?
                  Does it ever go into heat and get all the other kats in the neighborhood howling?
                  Has it had it's shots?
                  Is it a pedigree?
                  Does it shed?
                  Do you get your tags from the dmv, or from the pound?
                  If it backfires, does it shoot flames or cough up hairballs?

Not trying to rag on you at all. Just wanted to ask some stupid questions so that if anyone else asks them, you can say "heard it already", then think of me
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchey79
                    Friday my GF and I were out riding and I pulled a wheelie while racing
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

What? I swear it wasn't my fault... it was the BEER...

The damn Kat is always pissed when she's drunk!

Comment

Mojoe, that's a pretty long list. How many days have you been working on that? That had me rolling on the floor laughing. It does scare the hell out of the neighborhood cats and the dogs go nuts and usually try to attack it, lol.

And Jim I know I shouldn't be racing or showing off on the street, but it was just light to light and there were no other cars or pedestrians around. I guess you can never take the kid out of the man. And the GF didn't "really" almost fall off, she's just always yelling about how slippery that seat is compared to my R6. She knows that when that light turns green she better hold on tight.

Comment

thanks guys

ya like i said it was are first real ride together and a big learning experience.she now knows to either hold the grab bar or push on the gas tank.the next ride was much better

Comment

When the Nads are getting squashed to the tank take your mind off the pain with how good it feels with her uppers pressed againsed your back....A brisk day and a light t-shirt on the FEMALE passenger isnt a bad thing...Im not condoning riding without gear,but at times at crusing speeds its not all that bad,,is it?? dont care who you are weve all been there and will be again...Amen.

Comment

Working...
                            X