X

That smell.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That smell.....

After not venturing into my shed for a few weeks due to cold weather , I finally went in yesterday. First thing that struck me was that great famliar smell. Kind of a mix af gasoline, pre-mix (I have a 2 stroke MXer), oil and Simple Clean cleaner for my power-washer. It felt like coming home to a familiar and happy place. Sounds wierd, but that smell reminds me how much I enjoy riding and tinkering on bikes.

Yes it does. I walk out into my garage and see my bike there and just the overall smell of the tires and such. Makes me want to go riding everyday.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

....like fond memories.
      the smell of fresh cut grass reminds me of being a kid....

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Re: That smell.....

Originally posted by mx916
        Sounds wierd, but that smell reminds me how much I enjoy riding and tinkering on bikes.
        I like that smell too I have been told that smell is the strongest sense tied to memory.
        Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

Its starting to warm up here in NY,the Kat is stripped of its plastic cleaned up and ready to go to the shop tomorrow....Cant F@ckin wait!

Comment

The smell of a clean garage with a bike in it with new tires and fresh gas (not that old STALE stuff ) kinda makes me feel funny . Kinda like climbing the rope in gym class . . But alas , I HAVE no garage . But I've had MY bike parked in nice new garages before .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I've just recently enjoyed the subtle nuances of getting that bike out of the garage and onto the road. I just love the smell of the gasoline and the sound of the engine combining together to bring that excited feeling that I'm about to ride again.
              "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

wondering if they could bottle up that smell and turn it into an airfreshner for the car and house.

Comment

For me, the best smell in the world is after you paint a car or bike, and walk into the shop the next day and smell that "fresh paint" smell. Seeing the shiny "new looking" vehicle right there in front of you enhances it.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I like the gas/bike/cut grass/clean garage smell but the tell tale sign of warm weather is all the bbq's going. I love the smell of bbq's this time of year.

Steve

Comment

well you poor guys.i been riding mine all winter freezing my ass off!!!but i enjoyed every bit of it.well most of it

Comment

OHH THAT SMELL!! CAN'T YOU SMELL THAT SMELL!!

yes i know the feeling i just bought my 88 katana 600 and it is in the best shape as an 18 year old bike can be no rust or anything. so of course i didn't want to put it outside in the weather its been garaged all its life. one problem my house doesnt have a garage!! so thats why i bring it inside the house!! its hard to manuever and a tight squeeze to make it in the front door but it will be worth it every morning i come downstairs and see it sitting there not stolen and still in great condition. and oh the smell of new tires just engulfs the room its in. nothing like it. i was even a little tempted to start it inside but then i figured i better not!!

Comment

Working...
                        X