Opinions on my new bike, please...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steves View Post
    Short answer, yes.
    And it makes the battery swell up to a cool looking clump.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

all CBR's have rectifier issues. lolol Your best bet? Do like they did with the F1-F3's and put a GSXR R/R on it.
      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

the issues have been mostly resolved in the recent models past few years.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I had a 98 CBR1100XX that fried the Regulator/Rectifier, but the wiring was fine. Change out the R/R and never had another issue.

My current 03 CBR1100XX and 06 CBR600F4i are both on OEM R/R, 18k & 22k miles respectively, no signs if R/R problem.

Comment

I like your new colors...I'm thinking Smokin Joe , did someone already say that ? Anyway, its different
            Not being a hater, but I did liked the CBRs until I got schooled on the track reviews. Also, now that I'm learning about the rectifier thingy, I'm even more scared of them.
            My choices would have been either any 09-15 GSXR 1000 or basically any BMW S1000RR, preferably that 2012 light blue.
            My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

I think it would look better if it was sitting in my garage.

Comment

I could agree with that but, it would look better next to the Katmobile.....
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Y'all stop trying to make dude feel better about buying a Honda...lol
                  Just f'king with ya man, its a ok bike

Comment

I want Scout to loose interest so, it can be parked next to the Katmobile...stop harshing my buzz......
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

He never said what he paid. That makes all the difference. As a matter of fact, thats why I bought my 1st Katana because its was running and $600 with only about 20,000 miles. Yeah, its been worth it.

Comment

I would give a friend more for their ride than a stranger.... I bet my bike cost more than that CBR.....
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

It's an 06 1000RR, with 12xxx miles on it, with one owner (who kept service records etc) and I paid $5500 for it. The color change was $Free.95. My race coach in Japan had the same year/model so I figured if it was good enough for him, I could give it a try. I do miss my Gixxer 1000, a little, but hey...new horizons, right?
                          Again, thanks for all your input, fellas!
                          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                          Semper Fi

Comment

Damn, I could of bought a CBR..... enjoy yourself ......
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Thanks for not getting too defensive Scout.
                              Some dudes would have over reacted to any criticism of there bike, ya know. I'm just speaking from reviews that I've seen online. There is no doubt that Honda has a reliable engine and engineering dept. I guess they were more concerned with the street rider instead of a track guys. After all, most of the $ale$ come from a every day rider type of dudes, not so much track guys. So for the street, A+ all day my man !

Comment

Honda uses the track out here for testing a couple times a year.
                                spammer police
                                USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                                X