2008 gsxr 1000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 gsxr 1000

Hello All,

Purchasing a GSXR1000 on Tuesday the 5th !. All black.
    Monster of a machine !. , hell of a jump from a Kat in throttle response and HP. Finalizing paperwork then, got a pretty good deal.

Just thought I would share.

Good luck, dont drop it...remember...you're gonna be riding a real bike...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

get some sliders. they will save the bike some, and get good gear if you dont already.
      sigpic
      "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
      "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

I had sliders on my 05 750. They didn't really help much.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Good luck, dont drop it...remember...you're gonna be riding a real bike...

Yeah your right, I test rode the GSXR1000 and the power is hella- awesome !.

I got tired of carb work so I am passing the Kat down to the wifey, there are some minor things I want to fix before I give it to her. I'll probably let the shop take care of everything as I don't have the time or the patience anymore. I make too much money to not be able enjoy something better for myself and what I want in life. The Kat has served its purpose well and now its time to move on.... plus I am going to bike week this summer in may so I needed something more reliable.

anyway, I'll post some picks on Tuesday when I bring it home.

Comment

Originally posted by Red007 View Post
            Yeah your right, I test rode the GSXR1000 and the power is hella- awesome !.

I got tired of carb work so I am passing the Kat down to the wifey, there are some minor things I want to fix before I give it to her. I'll probably let the shop take care of everything as I don't have the time or the patience anymore. I make too much money to not be able enjoy something better for myself and what I want in life. The Kat has served its purpose well and now its time to move on.... plus I am going to bike week this summer in may so I needed something more reliable.

anyway, I'll post some picks on Tuesday when I bring it home.
            i know a guy with this kind of attitude... he has 8 bikes! 4 are BMW's! lol. i would like to step up to a litre bike eventualy as well. hope ya like the beast
            if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Did you get new forks installed before you handed it down to the wife? Because the old ones in there aren't safe.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                Did you get new forks installed before you handed it down to the wife? Because the old ones in there aren't safe.

No not yet, but I will add that to the list as well. Have to make sure wife is safe before anything.

Thanks

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase!
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

congrats man your going to love that thing... ive riden my buddys 08 1000 and im in love with his bike... great power, great response and its fairly comfortable for long rides.

Comment

Congrats on the new bike, but if you're really tired of dealing with carbs, you should sell the Kat and get the wife something with EFI too.
                      John,
                      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                      sigpic

Comment

******Status Update ********

There was a slight change in bikes, found the same bike but a little less in price. This thing is a pure monster !!.

Here it is. My new GSXR1000.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sexy bike man love the look of the Gsxrs
                          ----USMC combat vet----
                          07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Love the first gen 1k.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                              I had sliders on my 05 750. They didn't really help much.
                              I don't see the use for sliders really. If you crash your bike imagine all the weight of your bike plus the accellerating speed of the impact being concentrated on one small spot of your frame. Can see that going wrong more often than not. Broken fairings are easier to fix than a bent frame.

Originally posted by bagndrag View Post
                              Sexy bike man love the look of the Gsxrs
                              +1
                              Someday...

Congrats on finding this bike though. She's a looker.
                              Last edited by ErrEs; 06-23-2012, 04:48 AM.
                              Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Working...
                              X