X

New Tires, MUCH better!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tires, MUCH better!

Put some avons on my 92 Kat 1100, the rear is still a little slippy, but it is MUCH better! I guess 5+ yr old, glazed, hard, slick tires aren't much good for confidence! LOL!

Is your suspension set up correctly for you ? That would help with the rear end being alittle sloppy and soft too.

New tires are always great !

Comment

New tires are a wonderful thing .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Congrats - take it easy for the first couple of hundred miles and enjoy the feeling of some good rubbers!

Oh wait. . . that "word choice" thing again. . .

Anyway, congrats - ride safely! Something I do with new tires is to get a SOS pad and clean them with it immediately after they're installed. It helps to roughen up the surface just a teeny little bit and more importantly it gets the slick, oily storage preservative stuff off (that makes brand new tires feel like you're riding on ice). After that, they really don't need anything - just riding, although I'd keep away from the hard cornering for a day or two until you're sure they're all settled in.
        ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
        Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

Try having buying a kat from 92 with a stock front tire....my new roadtecs are amazing!!! ^^
          PakkeRat - [pak*rat] small little mouse capable of collecting everything and never throwing anything away

Comment

is it true that its good to burn new tires to get the hard rubber off of the tires. I did it with my Gsxr back in the day but that was just to be cool but not to be safe
            06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbody45
              is it true that its good to burn new tires to get the hard rubber off of the tires.
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X