No announcement yet.
X

dead battery tip.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the books all say NOT to , so I'm not gonna .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
      since there is a voltage regulator how would this be possible ?
      Perhaps because the voltage regulator expects a certain range of valid values to be acceptible, a range which isn't feasible without the battery to act as a power-sink? E.G. - that the lowest charge rate is still more than the bike would draw without a battery

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

all I know is this:

If my battery is dead to the point that I have no headlight at all, I can try push starting it until I turn blue in the face and drop dead from a heart attack...and it aint starting!

I have also boosted my bike with my car several times in the past....with my car running.

I CAN start my bike with NO BATTERY by clipping the booster cables to the wires on my bike, start it....then ride 20 miles or so with no battery in order to make it to the dealers to buy a new one (praying all the way that I don't stall it).

I have done all of those things in the past...several times for some....and NEVER had a problem with my electrical system.

So take the info as you will....I was just giving you another option in case you are stuck in the middle of nowhere with no cable for a boost, and only have a fellow biker around with a good battery in his bike.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
        X