X

Uncomfortable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncomfortable?

So, I decided to climb on my Kat with the service stand down and thought, "what would it be like to ride the bike with my feet on the two-up pegs?". Yeah...the angle is more extreme, but I think the gas tank can handle my 220 lbs. Then my next thought was how quickly and reliably could I access the gear shifter and the rear brake. Hmmmm.....maybe at cruising speeds this would not be the worst position in the world.

I'm nuts right?

Speaking of nuts, I have visions of it quickly becoming the worst riding position in the world.....

Comment

I have done it. But only on open highway and after all the shifting is done.
      I'm about 210 or so. I have done it briefly on long trips to relive my buttocks. It wouldn't be a good postion in the twistes though.

I have also scooted my butt all the back to the passenger seat (using the normal foot pegs of course). But once again ony briefly and on open straights.
      Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

Re: Uncomfortable?

I'm nuts right?[/quote]

A bit of a cashew I would say.

Comment

I am 6ft tall and stretched out like that all the time on the highway. It is nice to change positions on long rides

Comment

If your going to do that you might as well get a rubber mallet and pound down the gas tank a bit and sit on it with your feet over the wind screen.....That looks cool doesnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaKat
              I'm nuts right?
              Probably.
              "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

If you have something on the tank to lay on like a back pack. Putting the feet behind ya is pretty comfortable. I did that when I went 200+ miles on my bike and put over 200 on a fairly straight high way.
                Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Ive seen sportbike riders do a similar position out on the highway many times. Ive done it before but its not that comfortable for me and I definately dont feel that Im in control of the bike to any degree that I am in the proper riding stance.

Comment

Many years ago....before bikes were already in that position, I did the same.

But only hung my feet over the rear pegs....not 'stand' on them...

So that's a no....I don't do it 8)

Comment

My bro in law rests his feet on the back at crusing speeds, specially on cold mornings. I could never do it due to my knee, but I do use the passanger seat on occasion to releive my legs a bit.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Guelph
                        I'm nuts right?
                        A bit of a cashew I would say.[/quote]

I was thinking kind of a macadamia..........

If you're having comfort troubles, perhaps a Goldwing, or a nice Winnebago? LOL
                        THE DOC
                        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                        mistake when you make it again.
                        sigpic

Comment

i prefer to rest my feet on the clip-on's and lay on the passenger part of the seat. much more comfortable.
                          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I do this ocasionaly on longer trips for a minute or two. It's a nice position to help releive the pressure on my lower back. Which seems to bother me after a few hours in the saddle.

I rode in this position a few times on the ride down to the gap. And I beleive it's one of the reasons that when I got off at the end of the day I had no aches anywhere.

It's nice to be able to change positions for a bit when riding to ease the aches and pains, and to stretch things out once in a while

Originally posted by skasner
                            i prefer to rest my feet on the clip-on's and lay on the passenger part of the seat. much more comfortable.
                            Duffy?

Comment

my buddy use to do that on his longer trips when he had his suzuki madura. and a few months ago, i saw a harley rider hauling down the highway with his feet on the passenger pegs. that looked interesting.

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
                              X