No announcement yet.
X

Tire height change..suspension change?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get on it and ride it...this thread smells funny.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by dcc5266 View Post
      ......... However, the bike is only affected by the difference in Radius, so it would be 1/2 of the difference in overall diameter. So the bike is really only affected by .5" in the rear. Lowering the front by one inch would put the bike .5" lower than factory angle, which would decrease the rake angle and increase responsiveness.

I hope that helps!
      I think I covered that.

I am only looking for information from those guys and gals that have actually already went throught this and have real results to compare to. Thanks for everyone's input, I'll let everyone know what I find out by trial and hopefully not error.

I have been riding this bike on the curves for several months and have had no problem also. I am just looking for advice to get the very best out of this bike in the handling department. KatRiders is the best place to do that.
      Scuffin' the pucks!

Comment

That touchy?

Originally posted by thetable View Post
        Now on the buell an inch is the difference between death wobble and stupid thing only goes straight.
        Your Buell is that touchy?
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Buells have a NOTORIOUSLY steep steering angle/low trail for that INSTANT kinda response . I believe it .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I never rode one so I wouldnt know. It sounds awful dangerous to me tho.
            Joker
            sigpic

Comment

I never rode one , either . This is purely speculation based on what I've read in many articles . Edumacated guess-like , guess you could say .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

cant agrue with that I suppose
                Joker
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
                  Your Buell is that touchy?
                  Yup. Buells can go from the most miserable handling bikes to the best with just a couple clicks on the suspension.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I calculated mine based on sidewalk height. 140 x .8 = 112; 160 x .6 = 96. And I'm with you on less than an inch.

@dcc dude your way overthinking the whole thing. The tuna has a really relaxed head angle to begin with. I went from a 150/70 to a 160/60 and noticed no I'll effects. Now on the buell an inch is the difference between death wobble and stupid thing only goes straight.
                    insentive is good but wrong calculation
                    140/25.4= 5.51* .8= 4.41*2= 8.82+17=25.82
                    160/25.4= 6.30*.6= 3.78*2= 7.56+17= 24.56 and theres the calculation for your overal diamiter same for a car lol

Comment

Originally posted by etskatana View Post
                      insentive is good but wrong calculation
                      140/25.4= 5.51* .8= 4.41*2= 8.82+17=25.82
                      160/25.4= 6.30*.6= 3.78*2= 7.56+17= 24.56 and theres the calculation for your overal diamiter same for a car lol
                      Nobody cares about overall diameter, only height to axle.
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet
                      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I went from a 190/60 Conti to a 180/55 Pirelli, and although the changeover was drastic at first (wobbly), it only took a day or two for me to realize how much better it actually was.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Nobody cares about overall diameter, only height to axle.
                          ok well sorry but to know that you have to start some where and if you dont know how high your tire is how can you figure how high is your axle without mesuring..... well you figure out the overall diameter wich stands for how high is the tire.... by knowing this you can figure out at how high the center of your axle is.. so take the overall diamiter and divide that by 2 and you got it right at dead center of the wheel in inches 25.82/2= 12.91 so your axle is about 12.91 inch from the ground at the center of it. compared to 12.28 inch. so depending how big is your axle (didnt check the specs) so for exemple: if you got a 3 inch axle that means its 1.5 inch at the bottom 12.28-1.5= 10.78 inch above ground, if the axle would be 3 inch..... so if you dont care about overall youll never know how high is your axle with out goin to mesure.

Comment

ok well sorry but to know that you have to start some where and if you dont know how high your tire is how can you figure how high is your axle without mesuring..... well you figure out the overall diameter wich stands for how high is the tire.... by knowing this you can figure out at how high the center of your axle is.. so take the overall diamiter and divide that by 2 and you got it right at dead center of the wheel in inches 25.82/2= 12.91 so your axle is about 12.91 inch from the ground at the center of it. compared to 12.28 inch. so depending how big is your axle (didnt check the specs) so for exemple: if you got a 3 inch axle that means its 1.5 inch at the bottom 12.28-1.5= 10.78 inch above ground, if the axle would be 3 inch..... so if you dont care about overall youll never know how high is your axle with out goin to mesure.
                            So get a $.99 ruler and measure it?

Comment

Seriously, spell check, and dude, stop trolling.

The axle is in the middle of the wheel, and it's height is affected by the radius of the tire.
                              Pics
                              Pics
                              No pics yet

Comment

[quote=scottynoface;1712611]yeah lol but all i wanted him to know the calculation just to know how high is tire is.... by knowing that you know where the center of the shaft is.... so like that you know the dif before you buy every thing....

Seriously, spell check, and dude, stop trolling.

The axle is in the middle of the wheel, and it's height is affected by the radius of the tire.
                                sorry i aint good at spelling... overall diameter stands for how high your tire is so divide the height in two and you have your radius like you said and in my calculations from the second time..... forgot to mention i work in tires for almost 10 years now.... trying to help and being told i dont know what im talking about in my own department lol!!!
                                Last edited by etskatana; 05-07-2009, 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X