Katana of the Month - November 2007 Ė teddy
 

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Wiring and Electrics

Wiring and Electrics Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #1
Suerte
Poser
 
Suerte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manchester TN
Posts: 90

Default Problems that can be fixed with anger

brand new battery.... one month old... dead as a doornail....

no troubleshooting questions or anything like that. just wanted to vent. so if you don't want to see a bunch of fussing and complaining then back out now. but if you wanna post a problem and just scream and yell at it till it fixes itself then you came to the right place. i'll start

I HATE BIKE BATTERIES! and i'm not talking about the nice expensive batteries. im talking about the mother clucking, spit sucking, poop flinging barbie jeep battery that these tards stick into bikes. my battery is one month old. I haven't rode my bike in a week, because my girls are out of school so i could take a warm car to work. go to start it this weekend. dead........ i'm not talking weak, im talking dead, Elvis dead... really!?!? COME THE CLUCK ON! all because my clucking battery tender is blown...

but let's go back to where this all started. I have been riding long enough to realize that I hate the watch batteries that some tards put in bikes. I have bought so many that i used to have a whole shelf full of them and would give them to friends that bought used bikes without batteries so they could get a core charge when buying a new one. so one day i bought me a amazing duralast battery, went so big on the battery that i had chopped up the battery bay in my pregen ninja 250 to get it to fit. loved that battery like i loved my bike! bought a house, had to leave my bikes in a garage at my grandmothers 70 miles away. she seen the chord to my battery tender... felt that she wanted to save some money on electricity... (i pay the bill for her in the first place) and unplugged it, i find out like 3 months later. nice battery dead and gone. get the kat fixed, shop puts barbie jeep battery in my kat. month later...
barbie jeep battery + broken battery tender + week of using car = Surprise Butt Secks!!!

now I get to carpool to work, order another battery tender... pray that my barbie jeep battery will hold a charge... and if not call up the shop, cuss out the owner, then go waste more money. (since Christmas was so profitable....)

ok i'm done caterwauling....

I actually feel better lol. someone else give it a try!
__________________
My old Ninja
Suerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
zuma
Kat King
 
zuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,532

Default

For two years I massaged the battery on my black warrior/renegade Sears lawn tractorcumfieldrover after our stripping it down, but after two years of pretty pleasin' it to start, I spent $52 at Car Quest on a new bat, and that sucker jumps up and down to please me. It can hold its own with most vehicles from Mad Max, and it keeps me from being Mad Zuma too.
__________________


"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #3
Suerte
Poser
 
Suerte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manchester TN
Posts: 90

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
For two years I massaged the battery on my black warrior/renegade Sears lawn tractorcumfieldrover after our stripping it down, but after two years of pretty pleasin' it to start, I spent $52 at Car Quest on a new bat, and that sucker jumps up and down to please me. It can hold its own with most vehicles from Mad Max, and it keeps me from being Mad Zuma too.
lol, i got me a new tender on its way and if my one month old battery is completely gone ill get me a new lithium iron battery. i miss them bad and they are 100% amazing, especially since i like to treat my bikes like a skating rink from the 80s & 90s (tons of lights lol)
Suerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 01:12 AM   #4
zuma
Kat King
 
zuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,532

Default

those go back to the early 60s also
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:55 PM   #5
Kreylyn
Kat King
 
Kreylyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Weaverville, NC
Posts: 15,725
eBay ID: Kreylyn

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suerte View Post
now I get to carpool to work, order another battery tender... pray that my barbie jeep battery will hold a charge... and if not call up the shop, cuss out the owner, then go waste more money. (since Christmas was so profitable....)

ok i'm done caterwauling....

I actually feel better lol. someone else give it a try!
Simple fix...

Get a LiFe battery. I use Shoria, but there are other brands out there.

No tender... no worries. Went 8 months last time and bike started right up. Battery does not discharge on it's own like acid batteries will. Only way to drain it is to have something pulling a draw.

Don't let the fact they are significantly smaller and lighter than acid batteries fool you. They also put out a lot more CC amps than the normal options on these bikes.

Krey
__________________
93 750 Kat



Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"
Kreylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:35 AM   #6
Suerte
Poser
 
Suerte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manchester TN
Posts: 90

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreylyn View Post
Simple fix...

Get a LiFe battery. I use Shoria, but there are other brands out there.

No tender... no worries. Went 8 months last time and bike started right up. Battery does not discharge on it's own like acid batteries will. Only way to drain it is to have something pulling a draw.

Don't let the fact they are significantly smaller and lighter than acid batteries fool you. They also put out a lot more CC amps than the normal options on these bikes.

Krey

WHAT!?!? could you post a link or two of them? ive never heard of em!
Suerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:23 PM   #7
Kreylyn
Kat King
 
Kreylyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Weaverville, NC
Posts: 15,725
eBay ID: Kreylyn

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suerte View Post
WHAT!?!? could you post a link or two of them? ive never heard of em!
https://shoraipower.com/products
Kreylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:17 PM   #8
92xjunker
Neo-maxoid-zoomed-bweebie
Supporting Member
 
92xjunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,689
eBay ID: guysmustang

Default

Awesome battery....donít use a charger that has desulfication feature, it will blow up the battery........trust me I know....
__________________
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
spammer police
USAF veteran
If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group
92xjunker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #9
Suerte
Poser
 
Suerte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manchester TN
Posts: 90

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92xjunker View Post
Awesome battery....donít use a charger that has desulfication feature, it will blow up the battery........trust me I know....
i bought one and i have a LiFe charger in the mail!!!!
Suerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

  KatRiders.com > Service Department > Wiring and Electrics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fixed most problems only 1 left -_- ludiboris Suzuki Katana Talk 9 09-18-2012 03:44 AM
Why in the :cursin ... Anatak Suzuki Katana Talk 26 06-08-2006 08:53 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Katriders.com, Copyright ©2004 - 2018

Like Cigars? Check out Vitola.org