X

Vibration

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration

I just bought a 06 750 katana and I feel that there is to much vibration. I can feel it through the pegs seat and bars. After about 2- 3 hours I need to stop and let the feeling return to my hand. If there is anybody how has any ideas as to what might be the problem and fixs please let me know.

Thanks
    Mike Baxter

how many miles on the bike?

Comment

I think that might be pretty normal. My hands always get that permanent vibration in them after a long ride. I feel all the vibrations in the places that you feel them.
      Roops Photography|facebook|
      03 GSXR 1000
      04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
      Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

there is alot of way to help it up in the bars, i have never had any problems with any vib in my pegs, i also know for many the 600 mile check up on the valves smooths things out some

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
          there is alot of way to help it up in the bars, i have never had any problems with any vib in my pegs, i also know for many the 600 mile check up on the valves smooths things out some

i was about to say how many miles and has the bike had its 600 mile check like ssr2004 said several people had the same issue untill they got the servise done

Comment

I really don't think the 600 mile service has anything to do with it. I think that new bike = new seating position and tighter grip for newer riders. I think that by the time they hit the 600 mile service they are more comfortable with the bike and their grip has loosened and they are not using their wrists to support their weight. If it is truly vibration and not what I mentioned try a good set of gel gloves.

Comment

I had the 600 mi serivice done and there was no change. There are about 4000 km 2500mi on the bike now.

Comment

Try some thicker gloves and gel grips. It makes a huge difference. Also, what kind of bar ends do you have on? If they are not stock, I would put the heavy stock ones back on. Reduces the vibration somewhat.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

I'm with Steve on this. There should be no weight whatsoever on your wrists. Your abdominal muscles and legs should be supporting all your weight, with your hand very light on the bars.
                  a mechanical issue which could contribute would be the need for a carb synch, which generally isn't done on a 600 mile service.
                  Living truly is truly living

Comment

i had my valves and carbs done and it fixed it right up, i also have gell grips and for long ride i have a gel gloves

Comment

Simply ride with no hands and you won't have to worry. However, you won't be able to steer so shift your body and use your feet. To work the foot controls, slip down on your seat further and use your hands since they aren't being used for anything else.

On a more serious note you can consider filling in the handlebars with lead shot, BBs or some other material. A product called 'Bar Snake' is another filler that could be used to dampen the vibrations.
                      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I've noticed a very slight vib after 80 mph. At that speed it will give somekind of thud I quess about every secound increasing with speed. It's hardly noticeable but I know its there. I took it to 115 still there. I thought maybe tires but problem still there after new z6. I'm thinking chain??? Any info guys?

Comment

I wasn't getting vibration in my '96 until just recently - now I feel it in the pegs, bars and seat... I know I need to tear down the carbs, r/r and synch them (#'s 1 & 2 are fouling out).

She didn't vibrate like that at all until just recently. In the process of getting merc sticks to do the carb synch...

Baxter - my only advice is to deal with the problem. If you don't feel like the bike is 100%, then you'll end up riding with hesitation or fear (and probably end up wadding the thing up around a tree somewhere).
                          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

link ???

Can someone post a link to a site that sells anti-vibe end caps for a 2006 kat750?
                            I keep striking out.
                            Think I'll start a thread asking "What's the biggest tire you can put on a Kat?"

Comment

I have an 05 750 and thought mine had alot of vibration too I put on gel grips and bought a throttle rocker. I rode with the rocker for a couple of months now I dont grip nearly as tight. I still use it for 2+ hr highway rides. The right size glove will make a difference too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X