Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Is your bike at least 17 yrs old? Soon to be? Race it!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your bike at least 17 yrs old? Soon to be? Race it!

I found this on the AFM website at

They have other classes in addition to Super Dinosaur.

"Superbike
    motorcycles must also be manufactured for street use, but may be made for any market in the world (many models are not available in the United States). Again, limited editions for racing purposes may not be allowed.
    The frame and engine combination of Superbike bikes must be as sold, but modifications allowed are almost unlimited and they may use "racing only" slick tires. Many of these machines have hundreds of hours of development time and tens of thousands of dollars invested in them.
    Superbike classes use the same displacement categories as for Production... 175-250cc, 251-450cc, 451-600cc, 601-750cc, 751-Open cc..
    The one exception to the Superbike structure is the Super Dinosaur class, which was designed as a slightly less expensive place to race those slightly older racebikes. It follows basic Superbike rules, except... 17 years or older (e.g. 1988 and older for 2005) model year, DOT tires must be used, and lastly, there is no displacement limit at present; but if enough interest and participation occurs we may split it into separate "big/small" categories. It is a points and awards class and one additional bonus is that WSMC also offers a very similar class, so riders can race Dinosaur classes in both clubs using the same bike configuration. It's a great place to bring out the old iron or that older but still good racebike you might find in many a rider's garage."

Frank
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is not safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    ~ Helen Keller, The Open Door (1927)
    '91 600 purchased in January 2000 with 7,707 miles

Thanks for this. Gives me a good reason - the track - to resurrect the 1988 Ninja that sits next to the Kat in the garage!

Comment

Originally posted by BassKat
      Thanks for this. Gives me a good reason - the track - to resurrect the 1988 Ninja that sits next to the Kat in the garage!
      You're welcome, BK. I'm glad I brought new purpose to your Ninja When I first saw that website in December, it gave me hope for my '91 Kat, which doesn't turn 17 till 2008. That's gives me some time to get it worked on.

Let us know how you Ninja comes along.

Frank
      "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is not safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."

Comment

18 and purring like the day it was manufactored

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
          18 and purring like the day it was manufactored

Nice bike! How many miles do you have on it? Are you going to race it?

Frank

Comment

Working...
          X